pic request: sc50 & sc30

Ragiska

Flashaholic*
a friend of mine wanted to see a pic of a zebralight sc30 and sc50 side by side to compare overall size. i was surprised there were none here that i could find. a pic also including a photon proton pro or h501 would be especially fantastic, since he has those also.

thanks

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
hope this helps... :p

SCw08.jpg

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even though I wasn't the one asking, thanks for the picture. The SC50 would fit in the phone case my H501 is in. That's good to know if I ever wanted to carry two lights in the same phone case. The Mini AA would fit too, but I am staying away from 3-mode twisty lights for now.

Ragiska

Flashaholic*
thanks very much, exactly what i was looking for.

but if someone has a proton pro to also include, that would also still be very much appreciated.

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Hey HIDblue, mine is SC30w. I have set mine running on submode of Max (87 lm) coz the highest mode (161 lm) is too hot to hold comfortably after 3 minutes. So far so good, I'm using it as one of my evening walk light. But since it's not my EDC light, it doesn't get as much abuse yet. is there an issue with yours?

SixM

Newly Enlightened
Wow, that SC50 looks to be shorter than the AA Mini, I didn't think you could make an AA clicky smaller than that.

HIDblue

Enlightened
Hey HIDblue, mine is SC30w. I have set mine running on submode of Max (87 lm) coz the highest mode (161 lm) is too hot to hold comfortably after 3 minutes. So far so good, I'm using it as one of my evening walk light. But since it's not my EDC light, it doesn't get as much abuse yet. is there an issue with yours?

Thanks for the info rookiedaddy. I was about to pull the trigger on buying the sc30 and was trying to get as much input as I could from other CPF'ers. Seems like a majority on CPF have returned positive reviews of the sc30/sc30w.

It's one of the most unusual lights I've seen in a while in that form factor, especially with the clickie on the side of the body.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that SC50 looks to be shorter than the AA Mini, I didn't think you could make an AA clicky smaller than that.

I thought that at first too, but if you look closely you can see that the bases of the lights arent perfectly in line, suggesting that the picture was taken at a slight angle which puts off the accuracy of any size comparisons a little. In reality the SC50 is about 3mm longer than the Mini AA.