?E2? ?¿? ?Scorpion?

Spidey82

Enlightened
anyone has a comparsion between this two light??
i heard that they are simillar in output other den the E2 being a litter tighter.
The E2 don't put out as much as 6P right?
(not talking abt P61 here)
another thing, how could remove scorpion's switch??
the switch start to give weird sound when which on the light,and it sounds lost to me.

Bucky

Enlightened
The E2 and the Scorpion are very close in output/beam brightness. The difference really lies in the type of beam they produce, not in their brightness.

The Scorpion, while having the ability to be focussed relatively narrowly, cannot be focussed quite as narrowly as the E2. With the E2, all of the light is concentrated in the beam, while in the Scorpion there is more peripheral light not concentrated in the main "beam" so to speak. As far as lighting up this or that at a distance, they are virtually the same.

While the Scorpion is cheaper and can be focussed (a useless option IMO), the E2 is smaller, lighter, cooler
wink.gif
, and offers more runtime per set of batteries.

As long as price is not the ultimate deciding factor, go with the E2
smile.gif

Bucky

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both now and the beam as Bucky said is basically the same at the distance, but I like better the E2 it has a better feel, construction and is more "wearable" than the bigger Scorpion, you won´t notice it.

The only thing that bothers me with the E2 is that mine came with 3 different shades of HA on the tailcap, body and bezel, It´s not a quality problem I think, it´s more of a mismatch of the batches that came from the anodizing process, SF is aware of this and I am awaiting to see if I can Trade or buy one that matches in color, for the price of the unit I sure would expect to have it perfect, in form and not just in function.

My $0.02

AlexGT

My suggestion is get the E2.

Size15's

Flashaholic
In that case, you'd have gone crazy over the proto-type M2 Bezel colour mis-matches for the units I've been field-testing!

I'm more concerned with function, and when the M2 comes home covered in mud, with the lens steaming, you'll hardly be bothered by it!

I understand where you're coming from with your E2. I hope you get satisfaction. Maybe the GM is a better version for show-off? I'm getting the E2-HA so I'll let you know out the colour(s) of mine.

Al

Spidey82

Enlightened
would be great if surefire light can replace diving light.(am i pushing it?)
cause some ppl do carry 2L and E2 for this purpose

K Horn

Newly Enlightened
I got my first 2 surefires on Monday. I have not stopped playing with them since then. I got the E2 HA's (rare colormatched version). The best way I can put it is "It's like having a 5D maglight in your pocket, and not having anyone wondering if your happy to see them!"
I see a couple of scorpions in my future and hopefully one day one of them surefires that put sunlight in your hand.

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire says that the new M2 can be used underwater (it mentions something about diving with submarines which I take to mean the kinda activity the Navy S.E.A.L.s and Elite S.B.S.

I hope that the M3 will offer this ability. Also, the pyrex lensed TurboHeads...

This remains to be seen though.

At any rate the new M2 is waterproof.

Al

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well my newly purchased E2 is not for showoff, but hey, you never know
smile.gif
, I agree with Size15S on the function being first, I even accidentally dropped mine 3 hours from receiving it to solid marble floor(I felt like dying), Waist height, the bezel hit first and thank God the bulb didn´t get screwed, it Didn´t have a scratch and the tight focus wasn´t affected.

I am impressed on how far these SF guys have come to protecting the bulb from reasonable damage, but when I pay 73 bucks including shipping for a cool new mini gadget, toy, I really expect it to be the best, a beauty, to drool over it and keep thinking it was money well spent on this hobby ( Even if Wife doesn´t agree)

Anyway, a kind helpful lady at SF already emailed me to offer me a replacement or a better color matched bezel to satisfy this flashaholic desires for the best, now that´s what I call a Customer Oriented Company, Thanks SF !

AlexGT

Spidey82

Enlightened
So the different of
E2 abt $59
D2 abt $78
M2 abt $103 (all without shipment)

apart for runtime ands output is that, the D2 has a tail lock which the E2 doesn't and the only diff of M2 for D2 is that it is watertight?????
no other features??
the are all HA rite.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Lets try clear some things up:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

The New M2 has;
<LI>Shock Absorbing System (S.A.S.) Bezel
<LI>CombatGrip
<LI>PocketClip
<LI>Pyrex Lens (with AR Coating)
<LI>Military Level III Hard Anodisation
<LI>Both the P60 and P61 Lamp Modules
<LI>SureFire say this model can be taken underwater to the depths at which swimming out of submarines is possible (or atleast trained for by the SEALS & S.B.S.)
No other 2 cell SureFire Flashlight is waterproof as far as I know. I think the old M2 is just very highly water-resistant.

The D2 has;
<LI>PocketClip
<LI>Black or Gun Metal option
The D2 has not got;
<LI>S.A.S. Bezel
<LI>CombatGrip
<LI>Mil.III HA option
<LI>Pyrex Lens [Atleast not that I know of]

The C2 has;
<LI>CombatGrip
<LI>PocketClip
<LI>Pyrex Lens [I think]
<LI>Mil.III HA or Black option
It does not have;
<LI>The P61 Lamp Module
<LI>S.A.S. Bezel

The Old M2 has the same as the C2, but also has both the P60 & P61, is only available in Mil.III HA, and has a non-AR coated Pyrex Lens. The Old M2 does not have the S.A.S. Bezel.

The New M2, Old M2, C2, D2, Z2 and New 6P all have LockOut TailCaps and Anti-roll Bezel design. The E2 and G2 don't. (Although the styling of the G2 Bezel helps reduce rolling, and the PocketClip on the E2 may also do the same)

I hope this helps!
grin.gif

[/list]Al

Size15's

Flashaholic
Sorry, I don't have a Scorpion, so I have no idea how, or even if it's possible.

How about phoning StreamLight?

One day I may pick up a cheap Scorpion and give one of my SureFire Field-tests to see how it handles...

Al

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be great ! to test a scorpion to SF performance specs.

Hope the SF are at least twice as good as the Scorpion, I have one and it´s very darned close to the performance of SF IMHO.

Keep us informed

Thnx
AlexGT