How do I knowif I have the 200 or 110 Surefire ED2 LED light?

alfred10

Newly Enlightened
I bought the new Surefire E2D LED 200 and want to make sure they didnt switch out the bezles. How can I tell if I actually got the 200 lumen model?

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it is in the 200 lumen packaging then it is a 200 lumen model.
Simple as that.

The old "120 lumen" E2DL's were often putting out well over the rated output, and the 200 lumen models were being shipped in that packaging for quite some time I believe.

bullettproof

Enlightened
If it is in the 200 lumen packaging then it is a 200 lumen model.
Simple as that.

The old "120 lumen" E2DL's were often putting out well over the rated output, and the 200 lumen models were being shipped in that packaging for quite some time I believe.

Yes you are correct. But there were lots of 120 as you know putting out 200 plus.If I remeber correctly it started around the A28000 mark when they were all 200 Lumens.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the heads had serial numbers I may lightly base an assumption on that, but the fact of the matter is that a bodies serial number does not directly correlate to the head.

They could be manufactured within an hour of one another, or a month. It is something that we as the consumer just do not know.

:)

alfred10

Newly Enlightened
I bought it on ebay new but was worried the seller might have posisble switched out the heads. There is no cerial number on the head of mine but it is longer than my old incadsent E2D.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Did you get the original packaging?
If not then your best bet is a celing bounce head to head test with a light of established brightness. That's all I can figure.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of the original ones that says E2D LED DEFENDER (like I'm sure they all do ) and it is just as bright as my 240 Torch lumens lights.

I'm saying there all 200 lumens in a round about way AL. lol

Bill

Latest posts