Bulb help - Which is which?

degsdg

Newly Enlightened
Okay so I bought a couple of bulbs and did a good job of mixing them up.:ohgeez::banghead::banghead:
Is there any way to tell them apart???

I started with a 6AA to 2D m*g adapter and bought 4 of the following bi pin bulbs to use with it(and a future project). I think they were $7-$10 a piece and I dont want to ruin them if I dont have to.:shakehead

WA 1111
WA 1160 bought it as a magcharger upgrade(as far as I know rated for 5AA. dont have a dummy cell, and dont really want to use one. But I dont want to flash it)
WA 1274
WA 1164

thanks in advance

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
I THINK you cna do it this way....
measure their resistance with multimeter, then.....

anyone else?

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Run all of the lamps off 1 Li cell and measure the voltage and current draw.

My thought would be that if you know the rated voltage/current you can calculate what it would be at a different voltage. Because the filament is basically a purely resistive element - the relationship between voltage and current is linear.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay so I bought a couple of bulbs and did a good job of mixing them up.:ohgeez::banghead::banghead:
Is there any way to tell them apart???

I started with a 6AA to 2D m*g adapter and bought 4 of the following bi pin bulbs to use with it(and a future project). I think they were $7-$10 a piece and I dont want to ruin them if I dont have to.:shakehead

WA 1111
WA 1160 bought it as a magcharger upgrade(as far as I know rated for 5AA. dont have a dummy cell, and dont really want to use one. But I dont want to flash it)
WA 1274
WA 1164

thanks in advance

Run them all with 5 fully recharged and healthy serial NiMH batteries.
Lowest current draw will be WA1274 and whitest beam color will be WA1160
Remove them from mixup batch and mark them.
Look at fillament of remaining 1111 and 1164
1164 has slightly longer fillament with more open coil.