Help Me Spend Money

MicroE

Enlightened
I now own an E1e and E2e and I'm thinking about buying an SF 3-cell unit. Basically, I want a brighter light that is about the same size.
As I understand the lineup the choices are C3, D3, M3, and 9P.
Which one do you like?
Or should I be looking at something completely different? I'm looking for 100+ Lumens with an hour of runtime.
I suppose I could put a P61 in my G2 and just keep changing the batteries every 20 minutes. Thanks for any help.---Marc

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
Micro... Nice choice on the small SF models. For a 3 cell light, I think the M3 is the choice. It gives you the flexability of using the parts in the entire M series of SF. I really like the beam of the M3, clean, bright and long throw. Also, consider getting a clickie for the M3, you might like it better than the LOTC. Beware, the size is really bigger than the E2e you have though. I might also recommend a KL1 LED bezel to use on one of the E series lights. The option for a nice LED light is there for you as well. I am actually waiting for a KL2 bezel for my Z3 combat light to turn that into my big LED light. I wouldn't convert my M3. Have fun deciding...
grin.gif

MicroE

Enlightened
GoneJeepin---You have expensive taste. The M3 is most expensive in my list, wasn't it? Also, I forgot to add the Z3. Choices. Choices.----Marc

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want compact size coupled with 100+ lumens of light for one hour, take a look at the 9P, D3, C3, or Z3 (depending on the type of grip you favor).

The M3 can provide an additional 20 lumens of light over the other models, but it is significantly larger. Larger not only in length, but also in the diameter of the bezel.

That being said, I personally use the M3 more often than my 9P (older version). But the priority for me is light output. I already carry the E2 (not E2e), so I want a light that can produce as many lumens as possible in a 3-cell light (I use the high output lamp assembly).

Just my two cents.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you like the style, get the C3 in HA finish. It will hold up better than black.

There was one (used) for sale here on CPF a few days ago.

Monsters_Inc

Banned
If you are after something the size of a 3 cell Surefire unit, for eg. UKE SL4 or SL6. 4-5hr runtimes on C cells (cheaper batteries that lasts longer).

Output SL4: 113 lumens
SL6 201 lumens.

freewheelin'

Enlightened
I like my C3 HA but I got it really cheap ($71.00 shipped on ebay w/3 extra batts) my best light, but I still carry my Scorpion more, C3's too purdy to beat around.