XP-G and XR-E?

Hacken

Enlightened
so i have a question to ask because i don't know jack about flashlights or such important stuff that is built in it. my question is for the TK11 R5. which is better. the XR-E LED or XP-G? or does it only come in one design? i want something that has a good flood and good throw along with it.

thanks

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
so i have a question to ask because i don't know jack about flashlights or such important stuff that is built in it. my question is for the TK11 R5. which is better. the XR-E LED or XP-G? or does it only come in one design? i want something that has a good flood and good throw along with it.

thanks

I don't know that light but if it's TK11 R5 the R5 would signify XP-G since XR-E doesn't have an R5 fin.

The XP-G would be the better (IMO) combination of throw and flood. A XR-E (in general) would be the better thrower.

mrcandyman

Newly Enlightened
XP-G to me is a bit better all-purpose light. The XR-E is very similar, but a bit less floody and a bit more concentrated beam, so you get more throw. I've been alternating using both bulbs since I got my lights and I must say unless you need to shoot a beam and make out in detail what you're looking at 100 feet away, you'd probably prefer the XP-G. Also, I haven't done any formal battery test on these but it definitely seems the XP-G is getting a lot better runtimes.