1000 Apologies

Darell

Flashaholic
Hmmm. Now I can't think of what to write here that won't make me look like an idiot when the opening post is fleshed out.... so I won't try.

jtice

Flashaholic
This should be good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

warn.gif

advisory.gif

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
None are needed...this is YOUR forum, and the way I see it the rest of us are guests, and should conduct ourselves accordingly. Those that "jumped ship" as a result of the "Meltdown" thread, that was their choice, and I won't begrudge anybody else their opinion. I think CPF is the best forum on the internet, and having thosands of people with thousands of opinions is one of the things that makes it the best! Keep doing what you're doing David and Sasha...your "fan base" continues to grow!

PJD

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
David, I think there is not need to appologize as well. I think what you did may have actually worked. The place already seems more civil, thought it was a great place all along with just a few bad eggs.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe a lot of people didn't know what to make of the pointed remarks and were shocked in different ways .This has been a wonderful forum to be a part of and I don't believe that any good was served by making comments to people that were not part of the problem. Nobody that read them is going to pretend that it didn't happen. In my personal life, when I do something that I believe was wrong or has hurt someone's feelings, I always believe that I owe the offended party an apology. This simple act usually provides the impetus for people to feel compassion and forgiveness in their hearts. It seems to be the natural order of things, but this is just my opinion. I believe that an apology would go a long way in helping to heal the damage that was done to feelings that we all have for this forum. I know that I have had a strange, vague sense of loss and didn't understand why and I believe I am not alone.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
DavidW said:
1000 Apologies
No. Not really. But watch this space.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whether or not an apology is necessary isn't nearly as relevant as whether a non-apology is needed.

Pat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
If the man wants to apologize let him apologize. Now lets sit back and do as he says, watch this space...

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Waaal, I say if they can't take a joke, eff... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But seriously, I think some of the "shock and awe" effect from David's wordings were only because it was unexpected. I would walk into a locker room of policemen, unwinding after a shift, with different expectations of the type of language I would encounter as opposed to walking into a tea party to collect the wife...