Wall of Light Wanted

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for suggestions......

I want a light that will fill the need for a certain task, taking my dogs out in my backyard at night. It needs to be a wall of light, it should illuminate an entire area evenly (of course it can have somewhat of a hotspot). It can utilize primary or rechargeable cells, and it should have a bit of cool factor as well. I am currently using a KD 3xSSCP4 (4xRCR123) light that I got a few years ago, but I am feeling the need for something new. The new light con be single or multiple emitter, any suggestions?

Here is what I am currently using (yes, it is still working after years of service :twothumbs).

4679006771_c8c2306656.jpg

4679006783_3cf7ac9111.jpg

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are looking for a "Wall of Light" a 3*P7 or SST-50/90 mod meets your requirements ... The 3*P7 has a lot of spill and is really bright ^^

Can you recommend any particular model?

Enlightened
Have a look at the Elektrolumens FireSword IV. 3000+ lumens. It's a 4*MC-E. If you really want some light, look at his Kong 12. It's a 12*MC-E photon cannon. :eek:

Mark

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a Malkoff M60 MC-E and it is the brightest flood light I have. I put it in a C3. I don't see it listed on the Malkoff website though. Check the Marketplace, that is where I got mine.

notsofast

Enlightened
I have an electrolumens EDC P7 thats put out a wall of light like no other I have. I have the exact KD light you use but have never compared the two. I will tonight and let you know how they compare.

The brightness of the EDC P7 and my nailbender SST-50 in a Spear appear the same but the area lighted up by the EDC is considerably greater!

Last edited:

Rexlion

Enlightened
Have a look at the MG P-Rocket at shiningbeam.com . Successor to the PLI (with MC-E emitter), this is a truly pocketable light with considerable output from its SST-50 LED. Search the forum for MG PLI and you'll find a good review and beamshots... "wall of light" is one of the most common comments about the PLI, so although this new light should be a bit more throwy it should still be basically a flood.

But if you have a couple hundred to spend, you can definitely get more output. Some of the previous comments have been very good.

Noctis

Enlightened
You could check out Nailbender's XRE drop-in with a 60 degree optic.

Though I personally would want my wall of light to have a lot of lumens, so you might want to consider trying an SST-50 drop-in or Linger special with a diffuser in front of it.

You'd also probably want a bored Surefire host from ElectronGuru to go with that. The Brass + McClicky and UCL lens combo can really squeeze out every last lumen from your drop-in modules.

Not sure what your budget is, but if you're feeling irresponsibly itchy, then you can also have a look at VanIsleDSM's quad XP-G module he's working on.

4 XP-Gs driven at 1050mAh each on an aluminum heatsink focused with 4 optics will give you a powerful wall of light of over 1000 lumens.