Pet Names...?

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
This may sound silly, but any of you guys give you units...pet names? I use names like Thunderball, Urban OP 1~4, DarkOP, Black Recon,Klingon & Heater. Or am I spending to much time alone?

chiphead

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't want to put you down, but if you call some of your flashlights by women's names... you might need a girlfriend even more than I do...

I only named two, if you can call it that: General Malkoff (neutral MC-E drop in with 400 lumen on my P60) and Mr.TK40. I think they deserve a name only because of sheer output, but a beefy name at that...

Otherwise I have considered naming them things that sounds more like jetfighter names, but haven't felt the urge to think it through so far.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I have only two lights with names. And Milky was the one who named them, not me.

vasp1

Newly Enlightened
I cal my MTE M3-2 "The Beast". Is it because of the 700 lumens (yeah, right) of sheer savagery? Is it because the tactical crown could punch through a rhino's hide?

No. Its just a fugly torch.

kito109654

Newly Enlightened
They come with names, no more naming is needed.

Okay I wouldn't look down on it too much if someone had a pet name for their RRT-3, SR90, Catapult, etc. :crackup:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
They come with names, no more naming is needed.

Okay I wouldn't look down on it too much if someone had a pet name for their RRT-3, SR90, Catapult, etc. :crackup:

I read a thread recently one member referred to his SR90 as BAFF. I guess you can figure that one out Big A F Flashlight. Seems very fitting to me :)

papajoe

Newly Enlightened
Oh crap ! !

Well, I'll never meet you guys anyway, eh? Yes, I have named one.

I inspect the foundations of manufactured homes. So, often I look into a crawl space with ambient daylight behind me. Before CPF, I used a 3D Mag. Now I see the light (pun intended). I use a cheap 190 lumen thrower named . . . . drum roll please . . . . . Pierce. (Get it ?)

Oh well, you don't know who I am. :D

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
When I clicked on this thread I thought it was going to be about publicly exposing the names of our pets. You know, like dogs and cats.

Turns out to be a whole lot wierder than that.......

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
This may sound silly, but any of you guys give you units...pet names? I use names like Thunderball, Urban OP 1~4, DarkOP, Black Recon,Klingon & Heater. Or am I spending to much time alone?

chiphead

The answer to question one. No. The answer to question two. Yes :D

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
The way I see it, naming your lights is just like naming other possessions you value, such as cars, boats, guns, knives, etc. As for the time aspect, I'm a blissfully married father of 3, and my two sons, both under 3, always call our minivans by their names (Bonnie and Coach).

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Some of my chickens have names!

Gene, you must feel so guilty when you get hungry.

"We're having Lucy for dinner . . . She tastes sweet covered in BBQ sauce."

I've got a name for that handmade M60 brass beauty of your's that lives in my Leef-bodied 9P. Her name is Better than Surefire's P60L. :D

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Wife has a pink minimag with a UV drop in that she calls the "pee detector" :)

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
"This is my EDC. There are many like it but this one is mine. My EDC is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my EDC is useless. Without my EDC I am useless. I must light my EDC true. I must use it brighter than my enemy, who is trying to blind me. I must blind him before he blinds me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my EDC and myself are defenders of CPF, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen."