Fenix LD01 on 10440?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Anyone know if the Fenix LD01 can run on 10440?

Does it make a difference in output?

Do they all fit? Ultrafire flattops? Trustfire protected? Thanks!

Rick

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
They really don't recommend it...

You lose all modes, and the light goes into direct drive. It's an incredible boost in output, but can also fry the emitter due to the increased heat. It's probably ok for short bursts, but for runtimes of more than a few minutes, it's probably a bad idea.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm.. I was under the impression that you didn't lose any of the modes and the light was still regulated, just at a much higher current output? :thinking:

This is what happens with my iTP A3 anyway. If this is the case then heat is what you should be worried about, the heatsinking mass would be greater than the A3 and so it could plausibly be run for longer, but still I wouldnt risk more than a minute at a time.

Of course I may be completely wrong and it may run differently from the A3, I defer that one to someone who has first hand experience with the LD01 itself. :shrug:

Ragiska

Flashaholic*
They really don't recommend it...

You lose all modes, and the light goes into direct drive. It's an incredible boost in output, but can also fry the emitter due to the increased heat. It's probably ok for short bursts, but for runtimes of more than a few minutes, it's probably a bad idea.
you do NOT loose any modes; they are all just much brighter.

Patriot

Flashaholic
It's far brighter.

You don't lose any modes.

The LED won't fry with sensible use.

Running on high is quite hard on the cells, so expect them to have a shorter life span. Good thing is, they're not expensive. Most of mine have been Ultrafires.

DM51

Flashaholic
There are numerous other threads about this, as mentioned above. We don't need another one, so it's closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.