Need Advice On Buying A Dual-Output Led Light

DeerBear 2000

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys I need your advice on buying my first dual-output led light something like the S.F. E2D led defender to carry in pocket. Thanks Craig

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could you give us a little more info? Why two modes and not three? Budget? Why not the Surefire if thats what you like?Etc?

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Craig the E2DL is one heck of a light very bright wide hotspot that throws a good distance. What more specifically can we help you with it sounds like you have a good light picked out.

The only thing I would say is even though the E2DL is one of my favorite EDC light's I carry it in a holster and not in my pocket because the strike bezel and tailcap are pretty aggressive, so i guess the best advice I could give since you want to pocket carry is get the Z61 tailcap that does not have the crenelated tailcap. Also their is a member here on CPF M I K who can smooth out that strike bezel for you to make it a bit more pocket friendly.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/221474

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3124573#post3124573

DeerBear 2000

Newly Enlightened
I have just started to buy good lights I did not know they made one with three modes I was just woundering if someone on C.P.F. made a good one I see lots of peaple on here buying light other than S.F. I could use a holster Thanks Craig / 6P - 9P - C2 centurion

somber

Newly Enlightened
I didn't find the E2DL great for daily carry, the bezel up restriction to the clip and the crenelated bezel don't make a good combination. The bezel would get caught on items or clothing, plus the Z68 tailcap, it just was too much for myself. Not withstanding, it's a great light, and to date I've solved all the issues by putting a Z61 tailcap on it from the E1B and switching out the clip to allow bezel down carry.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Hi Guys I need your advice on buying my first dual-output led light something like the S.F. E2D led defender to carry in pocket. Thanks Craig
Craig, if you're looking to start off with a Surefire that you'd like to pocket, and with two levels start doing a little research on the E1L and E1B. They're almost identical with the main difference being that the E1L has a knurled body and the E1B is smooth. I sold my E1B and am very happy with my E1L.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig, if you're looking to start off with a Surefire that you'd like to pocket, and with two levels start doing a little research on the E1L and E1B. They're almost identical with the main difference being that the E1L has a knurled body and the E1B is smooth. I sold my E1B and am very happy with my E1L.

Thats a good point kaichu I failed to suggest that and should have connected keywords pocket and Surefire to the E1L and E1B. Craig like kaichu says look at the E1L and E1B they are my two of favorite pocket Surefire lights look them up and when you see E1B is 80 lumens it's actually around 110-120 and the E1L 45 lumen is more like 70-80. These two like the E2DL has the TIR optic and also has a large hotspot and throws well for their respected size, also search E1B and E1L runtimes you will see IIRC E1B 1hr20+ minutes regulated and the E1L 4hrs.

It's very reassuring to have 4hrs(max output) of burn time in your pocket especially in such a dependable light as Surefire, hey you just never know when you may need it. Don't forget were talking one cr123 and we havn't even mentioned how long the low mode will run for, I think I read it draws around ~46mah on low so on a 1500mah CR123 thats like 30+ hours.