brightest UV LED for a Maglite

SmurfTacular

Enlightened
I for some reason have a strong urge to make a powerful UV flaslhight. It'd be cool just to have. My plan was to put three 3Watt UV LED's into a 2C purple Maglite.

unfortunately I had little luck trying to find a high powered UV LED.

These are all that I found

$8 for twenty "super bright" Unknown wattage

$12 for one 3 Watt mounted on a star board

$9 DX 1 Watt

$7 KD Unknown wattage

I think I'm going to go with the eBay 3 watt UV LED. But their actually wattage is 2.3-2.6 watts, and their $12 each :thumbsdow. I would like to know if anyone knows of a bright UV LED before I buy any of these.

Anyone know of any decent UV LED's? Do any name brands make them? Such as Cree, Luminous, seoul etc...

EDIT: Here are some higher powered UV LED's

5 Watt

10 Watt

100 Watt

Last edited:

Sebivor

Newly Enlightened
I landed here looking for a UV retrofit for one of many Maglites, particularly one of the Cree varieties that are no longer manufactured.

Unfortunately the links that were provided aren't suitable drop-in replacements. If you have some soldering skills, I'd love to hear about any success stories (particularly of the Mini Maglite variety).

Until then, in my hours of research the only quality products I've found appear to be this rather steeply priced 365nm "TUV36519VNP" and from the same seller, this slightly less expensive 390-410nm "TUV39041019VNP"...

Latest posts