Question about custom RA Clicky

AlphaZen

Enlightened
On the RA site I cannot tell the difference between the executive and tactical models, aside from the original programming. With all of the parts and levels of each being customizable. What other differences are there? Thanks.

iapyx

Enlightened
On the RA site I cannot tell the difference between the executive and tactical models, aside from the original programming. With all of the parts and levels of each being customizable. What other differences are there? Thanks.

Hi, there's a long thread about the RA clicky here :
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=234752

part 9, so I am sure your question will be answered there, if not yet answered.

good luck

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I know, there are no other differences, and with some work by you in the programming mode, you can make an executive into the tactical.

Moonshadow

Enlightened
The dedicated Executive and Tactical models differ in the selection of flush or raised button, shiny or blackened bezel, and wide or narrow beam, but if you go for the Custom model, Executive and Tactical refers only to the programming.

As far as I can tell, if you go on the Custom page and configure a light that's exactly the same as one of the predefined models the price comes out the same too.

AlphaZen

Enlightened
OK, thank you for the answers. I have been reading so many good things about RA lights from satisfied owners that I am thinking about treating myself to one. Are there any deals to get one at a discount?

HDS_Systems

Enlightened
AlphaZen,

The Executive models offer wider beam pattern, silver trim, flush button and Executive presets. The Tactical models offer narrower beam pattern, black trim, raised button and Tactical presets.

If you use the Custom page, you can mix and match features.

Henry.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must apoligize for my answer, then, it seems I was wrong. I thought you were only asking about the tactical/executive CHOICE on the custom page. My bad. Glad you got your answer, though.

You'll LOVE your Ra light, and the customer service is as good as the lights!

AlphaZen

Enlightened
Smokelaw1, you were right. I think I was the one that was unclear in my question. I was asking about the CHOICE between the two on the CUSTOM page.

Henry, thank you for your response. I think I have it figured out, if smokelaw1 was correct in his original response.

Last edited: