Olight T-Series now with XP-G R5

Stevie

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

Just noticed on Olight's website that the 'T' series is now with the XP-G R5 LED. Outputs have risen a fair bit, although they have reduced the number of light levels available.

Looks interesting, especially now the T20 is now exceeding 300 lumen (although not sure if this is emitter or OTF).

I like my current T10 with 38 lumen for 8 hours on "mid", new model seems to have lost this mid setting in favour of 105 lumen for just 3 hours. Seems a big jump from the low of 5 lumen.

My thoughts shared...

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
That's a darn shame. They also dumped the 15 lumen setting. All they had to do was hide the disco modes better. I use the lower settings the most.

ryhonung

Newly Enlightened
Just checked on the website again, olightworld.com and it now says that the new T20 R5 is maxed at 270 lumen. Not sure why... but now I think that I should have saved my one month old T20 Q5 that I sold cause I wanted this R5 rated at 310 lumen!

They also have changed the specs for batteries, before it said that the T20 was capable of using 17670, but I keep on reading that isn't the case???

HarveyRich

Enlightened
Originally Posted by ryhonung:
...now I think that I should have saved my one month old T20 Q5 that I sold cause I wanted this R5 rated at 310 lumen!
On this forum, we tend to get carried away with the more lumens is always better philosophy. The difference between 310 lumens and 270 lumens is 40, which is 15%. That would be barely perceptible to the human eye, from what I've read.