The "better business bureau" of landlords?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I've posted before I lease a small commercial building for my business. Let's just say negotiations on the new lease broke down today, after I called the landlord a stupid f****** c****. :sssh: (she had it coming)

Anyway, I've decided to move, not because I don't like the building or location, but because I can't stand the stupid landlord anymore. I've met a million stupid people in my life. For a long time now I've thought it wouldn't be possible for me to find somebody even more stupid than I already have - but I did, and she's my landlord.

I would take too long to explain everything, so I'll just say this:
The place is an automotive shop. That's what I lease it for, that's what the sign says, that's what my lease says. Today the landlord walked in and saw my big shelf of oil and said "gee, do you work on cars or something?". *sigh* She didn't notice the random scattered car parts and tools. Or the lease we were trying to sign. :shakehead What did she think I do there?!

Maybe I'm the wrong person to ask, but I think I'm a pretty damn good tenant. My rent is always paid on time or early. I am constantly fixing up the building at my own cost and time. I even painted the whole place. I never complain about anything, I keep it in immaculate condition, I just send her fat checks...

OK. Now I'm just venting *calm down*....

Obviously I'm looking for a new building. WHO the landlord turns out to be is of great importance to me at this point. I wonder if there are any resources out there for me to look up some kind of history on a landlord? How long they've been doing it, if they've had any major complaints filed against them, other buildings they own...anything like that? Or for that matter, a place where I can warn everyone else never to rent from my landlord because she's out of her f***ING mind! Maybe a state agency? (though this is not a residential property)

Landlords make a big deal of checking out potential tenants, credit checks, background checks, etc, sometimes that makes you forget to do the same on the landlord...a good tenant with a bad landlord is like a good landlord with a bad tenant.

I get the last laugh though, I just printed out 15 different code complaint forms which I intend on sending to the city - it's enough to have her building condemned and 8 other tenants leases canceled. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Empath

Flashaholic
A rant regarding conflict with your landlord, vulgar language disguised as asterisk hidden but still used in a manner to assure yourself that everyone knows what it is, and reports of vengeful activities against the landlord, is not the level of discussion expected here.

I can imagine the level of replies from others offering helpful suggestions of how best to punish the landlord and "8 other tenants". We'll close it before that happens.

Rants are a risky sort of contribution here. They may or may not survive. This one didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.