My modded LxT's

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me start by saying this isn't anything hard core- just some emitter swaps with beamshots for you guys... And I apologize for the pic quality, but even as nice as cell phones are now, they still only work so well.

Anyways, this started a while ago when I was looking for an upgrade/replacement to my vernable Fenix L1T v2.0 Q2. Perfect light for the application but lagging in flux bins and color rendition. So search as I could, no light offered to utter simplicity of this Fenix while providing the versitility so I resolved to upgrade the emitter. Went with a Cree XRE R2- basically the exact same thing just brighter, and it worked out fantastic. So well, I wanted to see how much of a difference going to the XPG R5 would make. Wow, but the only "problem" was this light turned out to be a bit floodier than I had wanted- most likely due to the thickness of a shim I used under the PCB... Still, great all purpose light, or even on the MTB handlebars (the original L1Tv2 has been my helmet light for a couple years now). Well, a I had tried a Quark Mini AA Neutral prior to this to see if it could take the place. That was a fantastic little ligh but just didn't do it for me but it did get me thinking "How would an XPG R4 Neutral compare to the R5 Cool?" So, there goes another LxT v2.0 modded.

Now, thanks to the generosity of fellow members here I managed to get good enough deals on some LxTv2's to allow me to do all this with multiple battery options (ok, well basically enough for 2x 2AA + 1AA or 2x 1AA + 2AA since I only have three heads).

But enough talk, pics are below. The XRE R2 is set up as 2AA while both XPG heads are set up with 1AA bodies. Left to right in each pic is XRE R2 Cool -> XPG R4 Neutral -> XPG R5 Cool :broke:

Blue Wall:

White Wall:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us