Inova Microlight UI help!

Southpaw1969

Newly Enlightened
I have 2 different Inova Microlight keychain LED lights. One of them is monkey simple. Press for momentary on, move slider for constant on.

The other one has high, low, and strobe. It also has a way to set it to momentary on. I can't for the life of me remember how to reprogram it to go into momentary on mode.

I went to the Inova site, and that was no help whatsoever. There is no customer support at all. It stinks. :thumbsdow

Anyway, I'm sure you flashaholics out there know how this thing works!

Please school me. I've tried holding down the button, doing it in different sequences, and can't seem to remember how to do it. I know it can, I just don't remember how.

Thanks in advance! :thanks:

carrot

Flashaholic
Well the slider one is the older, discontinued model (I miss that model).

The multifunction one is the new, current model.

A bit of searching turned up these instructions:
The Microlight provides three output modes which are cycled through by pressing the switch within 2 seconds each time. After a period of 2 seconds, pressing the switch will turn the light off. The Low mode is achieved by PWM, the frequency used is rather low and will be apparently noticeable when the light is waved around. Modes are cycles through in the following order:

Off > High > Low > Strobe

The Microlight can also be used in signal activation which allows for momentary activation. Switching from normal to signal activation is done by holding the switch for 5 seconds while in Strobe mode. Switching back from signal to normal activation is done by holding down the switch for 15 seconds. Obviously, the Low and Strobe aren't accessible in signal activation mode.
http://www.light-reviews.com/inova_microlight/

Southpaw1969

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Carrot! :wave:

I knew it was something kooky that involved holding down the button for so many seconds and so forth.

That worked like a charm.

I do however prefer the older model. But, for under 6 bucks, this thing can't be beat. I use it quite a bit, and it took a few years to run down the button cell it runs on.

I got a bunch of cells cheap on fleabay and keep some in my bag. These lights make great zipper pulls on maxpedition bags.

unclevit

Newly Enlightened
For red light, seller recommends to use "1 x 2032 lithium". But when I opened the back cover, I saw 2 x 2016. What is it ? Both 2016 and 2032 are 3.0v

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
2x2016 is brighter, for a shorter period of time (big voltage drop from internal resistance)

1x2032 is dimmer, but lasts a longer time, if you believe Energizer's numbers 240mAh for 2032, 90mAh for 2016

Last edited: