• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FOUND, Thanks!: Your Boring Services

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

Is there anyone out there who would be able to source a 4C Mag, bore it for 26650 and ship it to Australia?

If so, PLEASE HELP ME!

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Re: WTB: Your Boring Services

Hey there,

My sincere apologies by asking the obvious, so please don't get offended (we're friends, right? :huh: ) when I ask, wouldn't it be just so much easier to just go with a Mag 3D? I figured you might get this question in your thread anyhow, so I thought I'd be the one to post it.

You're probably sold on the C-diameter Mag body then?

Edit: IIRC, one factor being, isn't it just that Mag 4C's are somewhat harder to acquire than the ubiquitous Mag 3D?

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi

Not all C mags fit 26650 li ions a few do but not many.

PM Will Quiles I am sure he would be glad to help

Dave

donn_

Flashaholic

I may have some options for you.

Email me at
email.jpg

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the options everyone.

Kestrel, I much prefer the C body to the D body, much much more importantly, I only have a C size Kiu socket :)

Plus I know that 3 XX650 liions work perfectly for length in an 4C body, with no mods at all. I have another 4C with 3x18650's in it that fits perfectly.

I need 26650's in this one because a Osram 64625 will not last very long on IMR 18650's

mrartillery, that would be perfect - except Sears don't ship internationally. I might be able to find something similar locally though.

My other problem is actually landing a 4C mag here in Oz. They're very hard to come by. That and if I were left to bore the tube myself, I'd probably ruin it. My manufacturing skills are rubbish.

ICUDoc

Enlightened

PM me and we will sort something out. Int'l shipping is a disgrace so you should try to keep it domestic if possible.

^^Nova^^

Enlightened

I have a spare D Kiu socket if you want to swap for your C sized one if that helps?

Cheers,
Nova

mrartillery

Enlightened

mvyrmnd, sorry to hear they don't ship internationally, but for future reference most any adjustable brake cylinder hone will work. Most of the time I just buy the cheap ones regardless of brand, they work excellent for tube boring. Much cheaper option than sending it off to be done, and it leaves a professional smooth appearance when complete. :thumbsup:

mrartillery

Enlightened

How long does it take to bore out light with a brake hone?

I use a fast 1/2 hp drill and I can do one in around 30 minutes. Slower speed drills take forever. This is not counting the cleanup, after its done you will have ano dust all over it, for this I just use warm water and dishwashing liquid, nothing harsh just something to clean it up. Then after it dries re-grease your o-rings. It's fairly simple.

nicknich22931

Newly Enlightened

Hi all,

Is there anyone out there who would be able to source a 4C Mag, bore it for 26650 and ship it to Australia?

If so, PLEASE HELP ME!

If you have not already found a solution, I had a small batch of 2C, 3C, and 4C Mag battery tubes bored for 26500 and 26650 batteries.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/232420

PM me with your shipping address and I will get a quote on the postage.

From shipping battery tubes vs complete flashlights within the USA, I expect the tube will ship for much less.