• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: 2000lm Mag2D Top Bin SSR-90 Rebel Deep SMO 8Amp Monster Dutylight

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I build this light based on KISS Principle (Keep it Simple & Strong), Aiming for a robust & Kick *** duty light that pumps out >2000 lumens at a push of a button & delivers lots of throw as well as lots of spill .

It has two modes: "OMG I am blind" & "Dark Silence".

The throw is unmatched unless you go to Aspherical, where it becomes a toy. This isn't a toy, the suspect will be rendered blind & motionless :devil:

Specs:

• Black Mag2D Rebel LED as Host
  • Copper/H22A Alu. Hybrid Heat sink, deep sunk & max length in Mag tube(It sits directly on the switch ring, can't make it any deeper)
  • Mag Rebel Deep SMO reflector delivers intense & beautiful spot with ultimate throw
  • 20AWD Silver coated copper wire in Teflon Sleeve
  • Extreme Top Bin SSR-90 57K, GN201 (GN201 Bin has the most pleasant neutral white tint, no chance of pee green but is no longer Available,the closest to it is Fred's SSR-90 GN200 star at $60 a piece http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=211967)
  • 4x 4/5 Sub C 2000 mAH NIMN delivers 8Amp via direct drive >2,000 lumens at LED (1000 [email protected] 2250 lum@9A)
  • Recessed Tail Cap with Resistance Mod by Copper Braid
  • No Drivers, the ultimate efficiency w/o any chance of driver failure
  • OTF Lux @ 1 meter in the 45,000 -50,000 lux range depends on what meter you use (Measure at 5meter & back convert to 1 meter lux)
  • I am pretty sure this will blow away just about everything you have
  • PVC battery sleeve is included
Price at $195, Reduced to $175 batteries not included.
(If you really want the 4 batteries to come with the light, add $20 I'll include them)

Ship in US preferred: two options:
PP gift/money owned Option will cost $12, includes shipping cost, insurance & delivery conf.
PP regular will cost $20, which includes the above & covers the 4% PP fee.

Ship international are offered at $25 S&H, there'll be no insurances or tracking # & buyer take the shipping/custom
risk. Therefore, only accept Gift/Money Owned option for international shipping. I will provide custom declaration #.

I do not do custom mods for a living, only one off mod that provides challenge & joy to the building experience, please do not ask me to make another one. See my signature for a sample of various lights I made. I only make each light one time, as I do not enjoy repeating what's already been done.

Notes:
1. Battery: One battery needs to have a "tip" to reach into the positive contact of Rebel Mag Switch. If you purchase the optional batteries, make sure to put the one that says "Top" on the top to reach the switch. You can make your own using the 4/5 Sub C with Tabs, just bend it over & cut off what you don't need, for the top one, need to trim the tab slim first & bend twice so it'll be taller tip than the rest to reach the switch positive end.
Do not use magnet, as it may slip & cause electrical short.

2. Tail Cap Dings. The Rebel LED Mag is brand new but I managed to drop the tail cap a few times & caused 3 small chip/dings the size of sesames. Sorry, but rest of the light is mint.

3. Adjusting Focus.
If you Change the lens or whatever reason you may need to take unscrew the bezel, Make sure losen the head from teh tube a bit & then tighten the bezel first that will center the reflector. Then screw the head in/out to adjust focus. The perfect focus point is that the reflector slightly above the SSR star, do not let reflector touch the star or sit on it, as the heat may deform the reflector by touching it. The Rebel reflector is plastic.

img4647z.jpg

img4741e.jpg

img4651z.jpg

The Copper end is the Front End where the SSR-90 star is mounted down tight via Arctic Silver thermo glue.
img4731.jpg

The H22A Aluminum Mag D Sink with Carbin Fiber Trim is the Rear End.
img4735c.jpg

img4667.jpg

img4688j.jpg

img4674h.jpg

Last edited:

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: 2000lm Mag2D Top Bin SSR-90 Rebel Deep SMO 8Amp Monster Dutylight

Nice build. It looks like your using the stock mag switch. Did you modify it in any way to cope with the 8A of current?

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: 2000lm Mag2D Top Bin SSR-90 Rebel Deep SMO 8Amp Monster Dutylight

Thanks.

Stock switch had resistans mod, where 20 AWD wires were soldered directly to the core, which was known to be able to handle >10A, incan guys did this long ago.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Reduced to $175: 2000lm Mag2D Top Bin SSR-90 Rebel Deep SMO 8Amp Monster Dutyligh

Price Reduced to $175.

FYI,

This will blow away many legendary hot wire set-ups such as ROP Hi, Mag 1185, Mag 5761, 2000Lm Mag 1909 etc.

On the led side, it'll blow away Triple P7, Triple MCE set-ups at ease & will blow away your best SST-50 & SSR-90 attempts using a regular Mag sized reflector. The Rebel Deep SMO reflector increases the throw by 50-80% over OP Mag reflectors & purify the beam that stock Mag SMO couldn't even dream off.

It has a large, perfectly shaped round hot spot with super throw.

vudoo

Enlightened
Re: Reduced to $175: 2000lm Mag2D Top Bin SSR-90 Rebel Deep SMO 8Amp Monster Dutyligh

I am interested but do you have any outdoors beamshots?

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sure,

I can take some out door shots tonight.

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take it!! Will it also run on 4 D size Nimh?

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take it!! Will it also run on 4 D size Nimh?

Thanks, I'll PM you with my PP info.

This is on a more Compact 2D Mag LED platform, the body tube only hold 2 D cells, so it will only fit 4x 4/5 Sub C sells. It will not fit 4x D NiMN. You will have to get some 4/5 Sub C & make your own "buttons" (They comes in Tab format only for RC use). Alternatively, I can send you the "Pre-Buttoned" 4 x 4/5 sub c cells as seen in the picture for $20 extra, so it's plug & play.

Plus, The light is calibrated to Run at 8 Amp Direct Drive under 4 Sub C cells, if you do 4 D Nimn,(Let's see you got a body extender & fit 4D), the current will be too high for SSR-90, may :poof: the led. Do not use anything other than 4x 4/5 Sub C NiMN.

Long story short, The light is for 4/5 Sub C NiMN cells only, (Not for other type of Sub C cells either, most sub C cells are longer than the 4/5 type).

Must use "4/5 Sub C NiMN", fit 4 of them.

thanks

Last edited:

saltytri

Enlightened

Have you tried the Rebel reflector with the SST-50? If so, how is the beam?

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, here is a link:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/275711

I have both SST-90 & 50 on the same photo with Rebel SMO.
It's hard to tell the details apart on the photo. Both look good.

I am a white wall hunter, usually over-picky with beam quality on white walls. By naked eyes, the SST-90 is slightly better matched with the Rebel SMO, it's nearly perfect. Intense round hot spot/smooth corona followed by even spill.

The SST-50 seem to have a small ring around the corona, I.e. Hot spot/corona/secondary corona then spill.

I would rate the Rebel SMO + SST/SSR-50 = very good. But I would rate the Rebel SMO + SST/SSR-90 = Superb (Beam quality that could make people believe it's from Orange Peel reflector). However, with both the 50 & the 90, the Rebel SMO is leaps & bounces better than regular Stock Mag SMO reflector.

Last edited:

saltytri

Enlightened

That's very helpful. Thanks!

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast

You do mean nickel metal hydride, (NIMH) correct? I do not know NIMN.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD.

jdriller.

I just realized that personal gift option doesn't provide shipping address.
Please reply to my PM & provide full name & shipping address.

Thanks

ma_sha1

Last edited: