Problem with Olight M21

lawdog790

Newly Enlightened
I have had mine for about six months and all of a sudden it no longer switches modes. It stays on high or strobe when twist the bezel it stays on high until it reaches strope mode twist it again it gose back to high it will not enter low or medium modes. Anyone else have this problem or any suggestions.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had mine for about six months and all of a sudden it no longer switches modes. It stays on high or strobe when twist the bezel it stays on high until it reaches strope mode twist it again it gose back to high it will not enter low or medium modes. Anyone else have this problem or any suggestions.

:welcome:

You may use the search function and find lots of threads about similar problems, but here what you can try, prior to contacting your dealer who will take care of your M21 if it really has a problem :

- Check if the ring in the tailcap sits tight. Ue tweezers to tighen it, it's the ring with the 2 holes in it, it has to be tight for correct function and as it isn't locked, it may loosen itself over time

- Clean all threads and contacts, relube and put some Deoxyd on the contacts and the contact ring if you have some. If not, thoroughly clean with alcohol

- You tried another pair of fresh cells (or a charged 18650), didn't you?

Tell us what your beloved light does! :wave: