Wuben        
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Imedion 2400mah LSD AA Batteries

Default New Imedion 2400mah LSD AA Batteries

For those looking for higher capacity LSD AA than Eneloop. Imedion just launched their 2400mah LSD AA in Singapore last week.

I managed to get a few of them, and the first charge on my C-9000 shows 2154mah, will have to use them for a few cycles to see if they reach the stated 2400mah. Something to look out for.
    Think about it... a 2 stage light is all you need.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: New Imedion 2400mah LSD AA Batteries

Sounds good- I wonder if they will have the same excellent current-sourcing ability as the Eneloops.
    Kind Regards

David

Popcorn Re: New Imedion 2400mah LSD AA Batteries

It would be hard for me to replace eneloops as they have been proven over and over to be the best of the best. I would still be very interested though to see how they perform and how they hold up over time.
    Fenix TK40/LD10/L2D/E01/NiteCore D10/SolarForce L2m & L2/Icon Rogue 1/Quark AA² Tactical/Aurora SH-034/SKYRAY S-R5/UltraFire WF-504B/iTP A3 EOS/TrustFire XP-EF23 & F20/Akoray K-106/Romisen RC-A5 & RC-N3 II/Tank007 E07/LunaPower Lumahunter.

~
    Will they also be making TRIple AAA sizes with increased capacity .... I hope.

~
    ~ "She" says ...... I have ... TooManyGizmos ~

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gtwace View Post
    For those looking for higher capacity LSD AA than Eneloop. Imedion just launched their 2400mah LSD AA in Singapore last week.

I managed to get a few of them, and the first charge on my C-9000 shows 2154mah, will have to use them for a few cycles to see if they reach the stated 2400mah. Something to look out for.
    Are they similar to GSYuasa Enitime and Ansmann max-e 2500mAh LSD cells?

2400 or 2500mAh LSD NiMH, riiiiight......

PM me if you are willing to send me one for testing. I will post the results in my AA Ragone Plot thread.

From what I have read, the Imedion cells are pretty high quality, although I have to admit that I have yet to get my hands on one.

Cheers,
    Battery Guy

These are really new. Will probably be tough to get samples for testing for awhile. Here is a short write up:

http://www.reddotphoto.com.sg/forums...able-batteries

Looks like the real deal. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Cheers,
    Battery Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Battery Guy View Post
    PM me if you are willing to send me one for testing.
    PM sent, email me.
    Think about it... a 2 stage light is all you need.

Banned

Would it be better to test the LSD claim????????

Interesting, lets see what they are like after a few cycles. I think something has to come along to knock the Eneloops off the top some time.

I hate to be the one who tells you this, but the new eneloops ive got (1500x rechargeable series) also read these kind of numbers on their first couple of charges (2100-2140 range) so on that part there's not yet very much improvement...... Please do post back here if these numbers improve after a couple of cycles!

Quote Originally Posted by RepProdigious View Post
    I hate to be the one who tells you this, but the new eneloops ive got (1500x rechargeable series) also read these kind of numbers on their first couple of charges (2100-2140 range) so on that part there's not yet very much improvement...... Please do post back here if these numbers improve after a couple of cycles!
    Are these the new colored eneloops?
    Fenix TK40/LD10/L2D/E01/NiteCore D10/SolarForce L2m & L2/Icon Rogue 1/Quark AA² Tactical/Aurora SH-034/SKYRAY S-R5/UltraFire WF-504B/iTP A3 EOS/TrustFire XP-EF23 & F20/Akoray K-106/Romisen RC-A5 & RC-N3 II/Tank007 E07/LunaPower Lumahunter.

Greetings Everyone

These can now be purchased at EastGear.com.

It is not cheap to get them to the US with shipping.

Cheers,
    Battery Guy

For some reason I am really skeptical about this for the simple fact that eneloops can't break the 2000mAh limit. Definitely be interesting to see how these cells will perform in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by MarioJP View Post
    For some reason I am really skeptical about this for the simple fact that eneloops can't break the 2000mAh limit. Definitely be interesting to see how these cells will perform in the long run.
    I would be leary of these too, I remember when non LSD cells "broke" the 2500mah barrier and became HSD cells along with it.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

We just got a whole box of these delivered to our door step this morning. It feels kind of like Christmas morning.

I've got a couple MH-C9000's running their "break-in" cycle on some of the new Imedions right now. FWIW, the old-style 2100mAh Imedions we tested seemed to average closer to 2200mAh, so I've got high hopes for these new ones. I also have it on good authority that PowerEx will be working their new Imedion magic into the rest of their battery sizes. Not just AAA, but apparently C, D & 9V Imedions are in the works too.

Anyway, we'll update the info on our Imedion 2400mAh page as soon as we've got some numbers from the capacity testing.
    Bryan Avery
    PhotonLight.com: Photon LED flashlights, Leatherman tools, PowerEx batteries/chargers & more.

I would hope you just post your info here in the thread instead of referring us to a sales page with the info in it
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Flashaholic

The Australian Powerex dealer informs me that these will be available for sale here very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Arc View Post
    I would hope you just post your info here in the thread instead of referring us to a sales page with the info in it
    LOL. Will do.
    Bryan Avery
    PhotonLight.com: Photon LED flashlights, Leatherman tools, PowerEx batteries/chargers & more.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx510 View Post
    The Australian Powerex dealer informs me that these will be available for sale here very soon.
    I have bought stuff from that guy before- look forward to giving them a go...
    Kind Regards

David

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by ICUDoc View Post
    I have bought stuff from that guy before- look forward to giving them a go...
    Jeff runs a very reputable business from my experience and what I've heard from others. I'll be keen to see what the testing reveals.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RepProdigious View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarioJP View Post
    Can anyone reconcile these differing statements?

I think the second one was referring to the commonly known results of the first run of eneloops. Also I think he meant cant break the 2000mah barrier in a rough sense, many peoples eneloops have been doing 2050-2100mah already. It's just that 2400mah in a lsd cell is a big jump and has been advertised before by a few companies without any substance to the claims..

Lets just wait and see the results.

If this is true, This might give the eneloops competition.

Initial test results on the 2400 Imedions seem kind of mixed. The set I ran the break-in cycle on seem to be stuck at around 2200mAh. Another set that I started right off with "refresh/analyze" cycles is averaging around 2350mAh after several cycles.
    Bryan Avery

Post Re: New Imedion 2400mah LSD AA Batteries

Here's the first 4 cycles from the good set (which I did not run the break-in cycle on):

cycles-> #1 #2 #3 #4
    bat #1 2228 2329 2332 2337
    bat #2 2269 2369 2370 2374
    bat #3 2244 2341 2345 2350
    bat #4 2286 2381 2383 2388

Capacity seems to be pretty stable from cycle #2 onward, but still appears to be increasing slightly with each cycle. Still trying to figure out if I somehow overcharged & damaged the other set with the break-in cycle. I've got a 3rd set testing now as well just to make sure the above numbers aren't a fluke.
    Bryan Avery

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonLight View Post
    Here's the first 4 cycles from the good set (which I did not run the break-in cycle on):

cycles-> #1 #2 #3 #4

Capacity seems to be pretty stable from cycle #2 onward, but still appears to be increasing slightly with each cycle. Still trying to figure out if I somehow overcharged & damaged the other set with the break-in cycle. I've got a 3rd set testing now as well just to make sure the above numbers aren't a fluke.
    capacity looks promising, it will take months to determine if there are self discharge differences between other LSD cells.

Anybody get any of these yet?
    Fred R. Elias Jr. N162E
    1-586-755-1245 24/7
    fre@felias.com

cycles-> #1 #2 #3 #4

Excellent numbers for a non-breakin. I'd like to see the numbers produced after a break-in when you get a chance.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fishinfool View Post
    Excellent numbers for a non-breakin. I'd like to see the numbers produced after a break-in when you get a chance.
    Initial test results on the 2400 Imedions seem kind of mixed. The set I ran the break-in cycle on seem to be stuck at around 2200mAh. Another set that I started right off with "refresh/analyze" cycles is averaging around 2350mAh after several cycles.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast