New Imedion 2400mah LSD AA Batteries

gtwace

Enlightened
For those looking for higher capacity LSD AA than Eneloop. Imedion just launched their 2400mah LSD AA in Singapore last week.

I managed to get a few of them, and the first charge on my C-9000 shows 2154mah, will have to use them for a few cycles to see if they reach the stated 2400mah. Something to look out for.

fishinfool

Enlightened
It would be hard for me to replace eneloops as they have been proven over and over to be the best of the best. I would still be very interested though to see how they perform and how they hold up over time. :popcorn:

Egsise

Banned
For those looking for higher capacity LSD AA than Eneloop. Imedion just launched their 2400mah LSD AA in Singapore last week.

I managed to get a few of them, and the first charge on my C-9000 shows 2154mah, will have to use them for a few cycles to see if they reach the stated 2400mah. Something to look out for.
Are they similar to GSYuasa Enitime and Ansmann max-e 2500mAh LSD cells?

2400 or 2500mAh LSD NiMH, riiiiight...... :ironic:

Battery Guy

Enlightened

PM me if you are willing to send me one for testing. I will post the results in my AA Ragone Plot thread.

From what I have read, the Imedion cells are pretty high quality, although I have to admit that I have yet to get my hands on one.

Cheers,
Battery Guy

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting, lets see what they are like after a few cycles. I think something has to come along to knock the Eneloops off the top some time.

RepProdigious

Enlightened

I hate to be the one who tells you this, but the new eneloops ive got (1500x rechargeable series) also read these kind of numbers on their first couple of charges (2100-2140 range) so on that part there's not yet very much improvement...... Please do post back here if these numbers improve after a couple of cycles!

fishinfool

Enlightened
I hate to be the one who tells you this, but the new eneloops ive got (1500x rechargeable series) also read these kind of numbers on their first couple of charges (2100-2140 range) so on that part there's not yet very much improvement...... Please do post back here if these numbers improve after a couple of cycles!

Are these the new colored eneloops? :thinking:

MarioJP

Enlightened
For some reason I am really skeptical about this for the simple fact that eneloops can't break the 2000mAh limit. Definitely be interesting to see how these cells will perform in the long run.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
For some reason I am really skeptical about this for the simple fact that eneloops can't break the 2000mAh limit. Definitely be interesting to see how these cells will perform in the long run.

I would be leary of these too, I remember when non LSD cells "broke" the 2500mah barrier and became HSD cells along with it.

PhotonLight

Newly Enlightened
We just got a whole box of these delivered to our door step this morning. It feels kind of like Christmas morning. :D

I've got a couple MH-C9000's running their "break-in" cycle on some of the new Imedions right now. FWIW, the old-style 2100mAh Imedions we tested seemed to average closer to 2200mAh, so I've got high hopes for these new ones. I also have it on good authority that PowerEx will be working their new Imedion magic into the rest of their battery sizes. Not just AAA, but apparently C, D & 9V Imedions are in the works too.

Anyway, we'll update the info on our Imedion 2400mAh page as soon as we've got some numbers from the capacity testing.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I would hope you just post your info here in the thread instead of referring us to a sales page with the info in it :shakehead