NovaTac Classic AA x2

894tom

Newly Enlightened
Can someone direct me to a review of this flashlight please? I cant find anything in 2010. Has NovaTac made any improvements since 2007 or will I buy the same flashlight a guy bought 3 years ago? I am feeling uneasy about the problems encountered by the novatacs of 2007 UI. Thanks for your help.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new models are made in China. They are different in several important aspects:

-They use cheaper materials.
-They are only Anodizing II, not Hard Anodizing III, thus are easier to scratch, and generally not as wear resistant.
-A lot of people who have bought the new models have complained about quality... They believe quality, and quality control is almost non existent in the Chinese plants.

They appear to use the same electronic components as the US made versions, but according to one guy who was attempting to modify his, his had electronic circuitry around the LED, which shows an extreme change in design... Sorry, but I'm too lazy to look up that particular thread now...

894tom

Newly Enlightened
Ok....anyone else have any other imput? NovaTac is junk I take it? Dropped like a old habit? Kicked to the curb?

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Im reviving this thread rather than starting a new one... I was hoping for some more input on this NovaTac Classic 2 X AA.

I am completely in love with each of my 3 Ra / HDS Clickys and I know a little of the history regarding NovaTac, but not a lot of it... Anyway, since Henry doesnt make a AA body (yet) , and I have tons of AA eneloops just sitting around begging me to put them in something, I was considering this NovaTac Classic on lighthound.

Anybody have anything good or bad to help me out here? Stay away? or is it worth the $99 to put these eneloops to use?

nbp

Flashaholic
Just got a NT special ops 2x123 as part of a trade. It's a decent light but it doesn't hold a candle to my Ras. I wouldn't spend 99 on it just to use eneloops. I'd take the 99 and buy the Ra 120 from uniquetitanium. Or build a ROP to shove all the eneloops in.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
thanks, but Im not into a ROP setup as im in to LEDs.. just realized reviving this thread instead of starting a new one put this in "general flashlight discussion" instead of the more appropriate "LED Flashlights" oops maybe thats why there were only a couple replies last time...

gorn

Enlightened
If you really want one you should get it from Your Corner Store for $67.41
http://yourcornerstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=32869

I have a P120 that is a well built light. For some reason though it becomes almost impossible to unscrew to replace the battery. Once it is apart it screws back together without much effort. I don't know if it is pressure build up in the light or what. It is so bad I quit using the light. I don't want to end up having to use strap wrenches to change the damn battery.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
wow thanks, that is much cheaper!

I hit a wall of unexpected costs so Im not able to buy it now but I will keep the cornerstore in mind.

lol strap wrenches just to change the battery sounds pretty annoying however. that is odd...

thanks for the replies.