LX2 Clickie Switch?

Talldog77656

Newly Enlightened
Thinking of an LX2 but the tactical twist switch is a deal breaker for me. IMO, a tactical switch is great for a rifle, but not for carry.

Can't find a clickie option so I thought I would ask the pros.

astanapane

Newly Enlightened
there is a lock option on the tailcap switch. So do not warry about that. If you loose the tailcap then it wont operate. Hope i helped you.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
there is a lock option on the tailcap switch. So do not warry about that. If you loose the tailcap then it wont operate. Hope i helped you.

He's asking about the clicky switch like the Z49/Z59 not the lock out function.

As far as I know, Surefire doesn't currently have any clicky switches for the LX2.

MR.A

Newly Enlightened
LX2 is very nice and performing very well. If you are looking for a switch i think surefire does not have any fits on LX2. As astanapane said before you can lock the LX2 if you want to carry.lovecpf

SimpleIsGood229

Newly Enlightened
It sounds like you want the E2DL. It's got essentially the same output as the LX2, but it has a normal clicky switch and spiky bezel. I believe it's a bit less expensive than the LX2, as well.

Talldog77656

Newly Enlightened
He's asking about the clicky switch like the Z49/Z59 not the lock out function.

As far as I know, Surefire doesn't currently have any clicky switches for the LX2.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. It surprises me that SF doesn't offer any options for the LX2 seeing as how most of their other lights can be modded to fit different needs.

Thanks

Talldog77656

Newly Enlightened
It sounds like you want the E2DL. It's got essentially the same output as the LX2, but it has a normal clicky switch and spiky bezel. I believe it's a bit less expensive than the LX2, as well.

E2DL is a nice light, but I am thinking of buying this for my daughter and I think she would feel that the the E2DL would be a little too "aggresive looking" for her.

I haven't ruled it out entirely though yet.

Thanks

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
E2DL is a nice light, but I am thinking of buying this for my daughter and I think she would feel that the the E2DL would be a little too "aggresive looking" for her.

Thanks

I know the pointy front end tends to alarm people so I put a F04 on my E2DL. The F04 adds a nice flood function while covered the strike bezel. Add a LX2 clip and you got a nice EDC

SimpleIsGood229

Newly Enlightened

Thanks
I feel like the proverbial broken record, but the turnkey Malkoff MD2 with high/low ring sounds like a really good option for you. It's not as throwy as either of the Surefires in question, but it's got 260-280 out-the-front lumens, smooth bezel, clicky switch, and is one of the smaller (read: shorter) 2x CR123lights out there. With CPF discount, the base model one (no high/low) is about $90.00 with CPF discount. The high/low option is out of stock right now, and a few bucks more.

And no, I'm not on Gene's payroll. He's practically on mine. :grin2:

grunscga

Newly Enlightened
Wouldn't a clicky switch completely break the UI of the LX2? I can't see how it would lock on in anything other than high, so you'd essentially be back to a one-mode light, with an annoying "low preflash" before the clicky locked... ;)

You mentioned this is a gift for your daughter; we don't know what she'd be using it for, but if strike bezels are bad then I think we can assume she's not an LEO, etc. That being the case, in my experience when it comes to getting women to EDC a light, smaller and/or lighter is better. Have you thought about going with an E1L or E1B instead?

Talldog77656

Newly Enlightened
I feel like the proverbial broken record, but the turnkey Malkoff MD2 with high/low ring sounds like a really good option for you. It's not as throwy as either of the Surefires in question, but it's got 260-280 out-the-front lumens, smooth bezel, clicky switch, and is one of the smaller (read: shorter) 2x CR123lights out there. With CPF discount, the base model one (no high/low) is about $90.00 with CPF discount. The high/low option is out of stock right now, and a few bucks more.

And no, I'm not on Gene's payroll. He's practically on mine. :grin2:

I agree the MD2 is a great light, but for her, I was looking for something a little lighter and less "clunky". She doesn't like carrying a large purse, so smaller is better. She also has small hands so I liked the slightly smaller body diameter on the LX2.

Talldog77656

Newly Enlightened
Wouldn't a clicky switch completely break the UI of the LX2? I can't see how it would lock on in anything other than high, so you'd essentially be back to a one-mode light, with an annoying "low preflash" before the clicky locked... ;)

You mentioned this is a gift for your daughter; we don't know what she'd be using it for, but if strike bezels are bad then I think we can assume she's not an LEO, etc. That being the case, in my experience when it comes to getting women to EDC a light, smaller and/or lighter is better. Have you thought about going with an E1L or E1B instead?

Thanks, yea, I thought about the E1B, but I want her to have a 2-cell for the extended run time. Also, either the E2DL or LX2 has 200 lumens which is nice.

MR.A

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, yea, I thought about the E1B, but I want her to have a 2-cell for the extended run time. Also, either the E2DL or LX2 has 200 lumens which is nice.

if it is for your daughter then, you need to get the LX2. Is more expensive and more complicated but much safer that E2DL.

sorry for asking but how old is your child? If she is in an age that can understand the danger of the strike Bezel then go fo E2DL. Any how both are very good and with 2 hours run time on high.

skfurr

Newly Enlightened

Not sure, but I think the E1B has the same runtime (albeit at half the output) as the LX2. My wife carries an E1B. Nice, small, sufficiently bright @ 80lm and no sharp edges to hurt herself. :thumbsup:

Honestly, when you get to a 2xCR123 size you're looking more at a CPF type owner. I like my LX2, and it's always in the center console of my car but for EDC I carry a RaClicky.

Hey, that's an idea: A basic Ra EDC starts at just $99. Gives you the click interface you want and 140lm to boot. Much smaller than the LX2, cheaper than the E1B and then there's Henry's legendary customer service.

Stephen