AA with tail switch $100 budget

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok I do not own a AA light and have an itch to buy a light. Whats out there around $100 with a tail switch no twisties. Reliability is more important than it being the brightest, close to 100 lumens would be nice but less is ok. Two or three modes would be good like a high, low or high, med, low but no strobe or SOS or anything like that. Also the smaller the better.

Thanks

BarryG

Enlightened
My vote would be for the Jetbeam Jet1 pro from bugoutgearusa.com, can use any aa size battery including 14500, 3 modes that you can set to whatever brightness you want whether it be l-m-h, m-l-h, or a strobe if you want it later on. easy to program, 240 lumens, 2-way clip and lifetime warranty. $56 with discount code!!!:twothumbs

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
My vote would be for the Jetbeam Jet1 pro from bugoutgearusa.com, can use any aa size battery including 14500, 3 modes that you can set to whatever brightness you want whether it be l-m-h, m-l-h, or a strobe if you want it later on. easy to program, 240 lumens, 2-way clip and lifetime warranty. $56 with discount code!!!:twothumbs
Couldn't have said it better myself!

After a couple of dozen other torches over the last year I discovered this Jetbeam and it was as close to a revelation as I could have with a torch. Finally I found something that I can make do what I want my torch to do.

It's very bright on primaries but is something else to behold on 14500.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
My vote would also be for the JETBeam JET-I PRO V3.0. Use CPFSAVE12 at checkout for 12% off. I love this light.

JET1ProV30-1.jpg

Another light I like a lot is the NiteCore D10 SP.

D10 is on the right.
D10andEX10b.jpg

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry I forgot to mention that I will never purchase a Jetbeam product again there warranty sucks.

Buckley

Newly Enlightened
Take a look at the Quark AA. High end is right around 100 lumens (200 if you run it on a 14500, which I do); low end ("candlelight mode") is 0.02 lumen and incredibly useful. Build quality is high, and mine has been completely reliable. Warranty is nominally 120 months! Price is $58 before the cpf discount. How can you go wrong?

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could consider the Quark AA Tactical. It's a two mode light that you can reprogram to your liking. You have to twist the head multiple times in rapid succession to activate reprogramming.

briteflite

Newly Enlightened
Agree that the Quark AA is a winner, especially with a 14500. Mine's gotten a lot of rough treatment and has been totally reliable. Especially like that you can get to Max or Min with just a quick twist of the head before you turn it on. No need to cycle thru the other levels. I flipped the clip so I can use it as a headlamp on the brim of my baseball cap. Strobe, beacon, SOS, are out of the way so not a nuisance like some other AA lights.

marc123

Newly Enlightened
I just received the Fenix LD10 r4 and I have to say it is very impressive. The output is unbelievable and the build quality is excellent. I have owned a lot of LED torches over the last 5 years and I have to say this is one of the best if not the best.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm also looking for an AA light. Not from an Asian country though.

North America or Europe only. Is there anything out there?

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, I'm already aware that it will be available soon. It's on my short list of lights to get.

Just wanted to see if there are other AA's locally made.

Enlightened
In my limited experience, Fenix and 4Sevens AA lights are very good lights for the money. Excellent build quality, efficient circuitry and great customer service. I recently purchased a Quark AA2 regular and couldn't be happier. I'm sure the single AA version is just as impressive.

Mark