Friends of Arc Flashlight, stand up and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello everyone,

I am new to the CPF, but not new to Arc. My brother got me an Arc AAA LE when they were first made available to CPFers. Very soon I couldn't imagine how I had managed without it before. My brother and I talk flashlights during almost every phone conversation, and over the past two years or so he has told me a number of things about Mr. Gransee and his company which inspired and impressed me. I am also impressed by all of Mr. Gransee's posts.

In short, Arc Flashlight is one of those small businesses that deserves our support, moral and financial. Its attitude and philosophy, its idealism, are rare, rare things. I don't want to own a product that is mass produced to take advantage of the "economics of scale". I want to own a product like an Arc AAA, or an Arc LS.

I was motivated to post this after reading Mr. Gransee's reply in the "Arc AAA price-point" thread. I wanted to say for the record that we are with you! (or at least I am). We will not sit by and let Arc Flashlight fold after "x months", should that eventuality ever come near. We will do whatever we can; we will buy your products at whatever price you need to charge in order to make money. People have said that "you vote with your wallet." I disagree. You vote with your mind and with your heart; your wallet just enables you to make a monetary difference. But there are many fields of action besides the monetary one.

Mr Gransee has said that he is reluctant to accept charity. We are not offering charity, sir. We are offering support. We are acting upon the respect you have earned from us. We are acting upon honor and principle, as you do. Arc Flashlight is simply the best. The excellence of its products and customer service are second to none.

Is anyone else with me!?! Stand up and be counted! All of you Arc Flashlight fans out there sound off.

jtice

Flashaholic
I think ARC is the perfect example of what a company should be.
Peter does everything he can to make his customers happy. Even when it cost him.
I currently own: 2 LSH-P's, and 5 AAA's. And couldn't be happier.

I am sure you will have all of our support. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, even I don't own any of the Arcs yet (can't find them anywhere here), but Peter & Co definitely has my vote for being the most down to earth and supportive dealer that I have ever seen before. I'll be ordering my 1st Arc(s) as soon as I save up enough for the shipping charges!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif So, all the way from M'sia... here's one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif for you Peter & Merri!

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love Arc! I own 1 LSH-P and 1 AAA. I am planning to buy the LS4 and LS5 when they come out. Arc makes the highest quality LED lights that I have ever owned.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Friends of Arc Flashlight, stand up and be cou

Despite having quite a few flashlights, including quite a few Surefires, I EDC an Arc LSH-P which I find to provide the right size and quality of light that I need for most jobs. I also own three AAA's , two LE's and a Turquoise (which is probably my favorite light of all time, I just love it). I like Peter's products and though we sometimes disagree as consumer and manufacturer, I like and respect his straightforward style and vision, therefore as long as he is making them, I am buying them (provided I have the funds, I just went back to work after a three month episode of unemployment, gotta get a CPF edition before they're gone but I need to obtain the funds first)!! I'm looking forward to the AA and LS-4. Thanks Peter and Merri and all at Arc!

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BigMac

Enlightened
Arc is what a company should be. You can tell he's not in it as much for the profit as for making good quality flashlights. That is shown by the new lights always coming out, along with the Arc AA. That one was just because we requested it. Thanks Peter!

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i EDC an arc LSH-P as well, and its simply the best and most versatile light i've ever owned. not the cheapest, but definitely one of the best /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an Arc LS hanging on a hook by the back door of my house. We use it to watch the rabbits and the raccoons and the occasional fox. (I live in a very large city).

I'm looking forward to the LS4 and especially the LS5. It would be nice to be able to carry an Arc as a duty light. I'm especially looking forward to burst mode /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
sheesh....I don't dare count how many Arc's I have...
This may sound bad but I only thing there are three groups of good flashlight makers...Arc is one of them....I better not mention the other two as the ones I leave out would be upset....and then there is the mod men

ChrisA

Enlightened
I own several AAAs (including 3 colored ones), half a dozen SLS, two LSL (one standard, one premium) and a LSH-P and I love all of them. I'm looking forward to get my hands on a LS4 and maybe a LS5 as I'm confident these will be absolutely outstanding with all the thought that went into the design. Arcs do cost a bit more than the average but you'll know they're worth it once you've used/abused them. I would compare them to Busse knives - no beauties but damn tough and capable to get any job done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Chris

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
I own two single triple A Arc's. A "LE" and the "CPF" edition. I also own (and am STILL amazed by) a LSH-P. (My "EDC".)
Right now, I'm attempting to get a story on Arc done by a great magazine. I think it's going to "work out" too. If it does, I'll let you all know where to find the article and I'll purchase magazines for the people who have tight budgets.

Will

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another way to help Arc is to help Peter bring on new dealers. If you know of a retailer in your local area that would be a good dealer then let Peter know. Go by and show you Arcs if you can.

M

MeridianTactical

Despite all the at happened with the ARC stuff lately, I'm still carrying and recomending ARC products!!!! I personally have a LSL-P and a AAA on my key ring.

Sure it's pricey, but so is Surefire and Streamlight...

But it you look at the size of the light and the passion that goes into it, how can you say "its not worth it".

And remember sales of ARC Products help support this forum (via ARC directly sponsoring this forum and the dealers that sell are who sponsor this forum)

Stay bright!

Chris

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own 2 ArcAAA's and have funds set aside for the LS4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Can't wait!

I find his engineering to be excellent. The construction and overall quality of the work is amazing. I don't find his products to be all that considerably more expensive, but I do find them to be considerably superior. You get what you pay for after all!

Unfortunately that means I really don't NEED any more AAA's as the ones I've got should last like forever. But, it does mean that every other member of my family needs them. I probably can't outfit them all at once, but everyone has birthdays coming up and such...

d'mo

Enlightened
I'm a field service engineer and depend on my tools for my livelihood. In my travels, I've found here are very few manufacturers that build to Arc's standards. Even fewer have customer service even close to that of Arc.

I'm still using my original LS1 with virtually zero problems after about two years of daily use. It has had countless drops onto concrete floors and has been handled with reckless abandon, but works as well as the day I received the package. Was it expensive, yes, but quality of this level is well worth it.

Most of the flashlights I own are good, but compared to my Arc, they are just toys. There are few tools I depend on as much as the Arc LS flashlight.

If you don't have one, get one, you won't be disappointed.

The Arc LS flashlight is a serious tool.

dtsoll

Enlightened
Huge fan over here, tops in quality and customer service is second to none, and I mean none!! I need look no further. Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Likebright

Enlightened

Arc treats me great. They produce a fine product.
I will pay "what ever" to get that quality and service!
Keep the goods coming.
RIGHT ON Peter

Mike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast

Your are welcome and thanks for the support! I am very greatfull to be a guest here and to be able to build flashlights for people who really appreciate them. A lot of people are out of work right now but I get to make flashlights for a living. I am very greatfull.

Things could be a lot worse. But we are still here and we are coming out with the LS4. There is a privilidge!

For those who want to help us out, there are several things you can do if you would like. Buying more lights is ok but how many do you really need? Gifts to others is even better. Another good thing that you guys do that is very helpful is encourage dealers to carry our product. Another cool thing is what user "Kentucky Rifle" did. He put me in contact with the owner of a great magazine who wants to write up a piece about the upcoming LS4. That is simply awesome. Thanks Kentucky Rifle!

Thanks again guys. You make Arc possible. Now I should get back to work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.