Any New Single AA light built for throw?

Ian2381

Enlightened
I'm currently looking for a New single AA light and I want something new in the market utilizing new technology. Is there any new AA light that is built to throw. A lot of new lights has uses XP-G's and has a big hot spot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.:wave:

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd suggest something like a NiteCore D10 or a LiteFlux LF5XT. They don't have the newest emitters, but they throw really well. Of the two the LiteFlux has a narrow overall cone of light which should give more throw. The D10 is smaller and has a simpler UI, but the LiteFlux has a totally programmable UI so you can set it up however you want. The LiteFluxes are getting hard to find too.

4D223

Newly Enlightened
What about the Jet 1 Pro V3 or the RRT-0? Excellent throwers even with OP reflector. I think there is a update coming soon for some of the Jetbeams,which may include XP-G's. I am sure others will chime in here to confirm/deny this.

moviles

Enlightened
jetbean jet 1 pro and.....

the c78
small size flashlight with 10000-12000 lux@1m (14500)

1yrtl.jpg
5k2104.jpg

review:
http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.forolinternas.com%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ff%3D5%26t%3D48&langpair=es|en-CN&hl=en&ie=UTF8
fans club:
http://www.forocoches.com/foro/showthread.php?t=1671361

Last edited:

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
the c78
small size flashlight with 10000-12000 lux@1m (14500)

The C78 is nice for it's under $10.00 price but it lacks decent heat sinking.
Only the very edge of the round FR4PCB the XR-E is mounted to comes into contact with aluminium pill assembly that screws onto the battery tube.
To make matters worse, the round emitter board is only held down by a plastic disc that's jammed onto the top of the pill assembly.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about the Jet 1 Pro V3 or the RRT-0? Excellent throwers even with OP reflector. I think there is a update coming soon for some of the Jetbeams,which may include XP-G's. I am sure others will chime in here to confirm/deny this.

This light would also get my vote. The only problem is to get maximum Lumens you must use a 14500 battery. If your sticking to primary AA's there may be better choices.

Bill

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light would also get my vote. The only problem is to get maximum Lumens you must use a 14500 battery. If your sticking to primary AA's there may be better choices.

Bill

I'd also vote for the Jet 1 Pro v 3. While it is much brighter on high on a 14500, I'm not so sure you'd be able to find a 1 x AA that is both brighter and has more throw on an NiMH or L91. So, even if you are NOT using 14500s, I'd go with the Jet.

DeadButAlive

Newly Enlightened
Another vote for the Jetbeam Jet-I Pro V3. I have one of the warm models (XR-E Q3) amongst my 1xAA lights and with the SMO reflector it flat out throws. Its pretty bright on NiMH but it really rocks on 14500 - I can light up stuff at 100+ yards with the 14500 + SMO combo. Plus with the IBS interface you can set the levels to where you want them. Its not a dedicated thrower but it has more throw than any other 1xAA I have.

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
The JetBeam RRT-0 is, in my opinion, the best AA Thrower I ever owned.
Very flexible, you can use any battery of any chemistry in AA or 123 size, and the matched emitter-reflector will throw farther than any other AA light.
Only con, is the price.
Anthony

Not so new anymore, but the NiteCore EZAA does a pretty good job for a very pocketable light.

Geoff

I have and use both the EZAA and the Jet 1 Pro v3. If you're using AA alkaline, NiMh, or lithium primaries, the EXAA will give you the best throw using these cells. The EZAA however lacks the heatsinking readily available in the Jet. If you can use 14500 li-ion rechargeable cells, go with the Jet (which will also accept primaries and rechargeable cells, albeit with less light output).

I also note that if cost is a consideration, the EXAA can be had these days for $35, before shipping and CPF discounts. (My personal thanks to the dealers who offer discounts...these little sweeteners really do help lessen some of the guilt of buying yet another light from you...)

lovecpf

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Not so new anymore, but the NiteCore EZAA does a pretty good job for a very pocketable light.
So pocketable in fact that one has been in my back pocket riding beside my wallet since their inception and it's the one I specifically reach for when I want throw, unless I have one of my more powerful lights on me, which would generally be winter, with its bigger pockets.

EZAAw is my preference and you'd do well to watch the MarketPlace and pick one up when you have the chance. If it doesn't satisfy you for a very compact AA light, then you'll be able to move it quick enough by just putting it back on the market.

Ian2381

Enlightened
Most of the suggested lights I know is great but has been around before I even joined the forum. I just wanted a new Single AA light that throws pretty well and not be disappointed.
Well most of my EDC lights are budget lights except for a few. And the quality ones are non throwers.

Is there any thrower light a size of a D10 or EZAA with clicky switch?

I like the EZAAw but it is more of a keychain light for me because of the twist switch.

I already am using an ITP A3 ss in my keychain and sometimes my MiNi AA.

I'm thinking of getting the D10 if its really a good thrower or should I wait a bit longer for something new?

Thanks guys for the reply's.:grin2:

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no new thrower technology so pick a light driven at 1A using a XR-E R2 and you have a thrower. Replace the reflector with an aspheric lens and you have even more of a thrower.

Increase the diameter of the reflector or lens and you get more throw.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Is there any thrower light a size of a D10 or EZAA with clicky switch?

I like the EZAAw but it is more of a keychain light for me because of the twist switch.

I'm thinking of getting the D10 if its really a good thrower or should I wait a bit longer for something new?
I haven't heard anything about it lately but the updated LF5XT is due to arrive at some point in time, although we don't know when that is. It should be a very popular light once it hits the market and watching the progression LiteFlux made in going from the original LF5XT>LF3XT>LF2XT and the improvements that showed up with each subsequent model I can't imagine the updated version as not having at very least the newest UI copied directly from the LF2XT as well as XP-G emitters. I'm also hoping that they'll at least offer the 5A or 5B emitter instead of the 4C which the LF2XT came with.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
So pocketable in fact that one has been in my back pocket riding beside my wallet since their inception and it's the one I specifically reach for when I want throw, unless I have one of my more powerful lights on me, which would generally be winter, with its bigger pockets.

EZAAw is my preference and you'd do well to watch the MarketPlace and pick one up when you have the chance. If it doesn't satisfy you for a very compact AA light, then you'll be able to move it quick enough by just putting it back on the market.

I have an EZAAw and I like it so much that it lives on my keychain and I keep it in my pocket all the time... hell, I like it so much I put a clip on it to detach it from my keys so I could even put it in the pocket of my bathrobe if I want so I can have it with me for late night potty trips. :candle:

By the by, the EZAAw seems to heat up less on high when using L91 primaries compared to NiMH or 14500's in my experience. Makes it lighter too (not that it's not already light).

Latest posts