Need some advice please

H

henryhoehandle

Hello all. I am looking for a good re-chargeable flashlight that uses NIMH batteries. Maybe something that uses 4 -1.5 volt NIMH "D" cells?? I want something bright(like a spot light) too.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Take care...

TheBeam

Enlightened
Well, are you really looking for a rechargeable flashlight or would a regular flashlight with rechargeable batteries work for you?

Next, do you want just some ordinary off the shelf light or would you like one (I mean some) of the many improved lights being offered here?

Since I have only ordered from Elektrolumens (which I highly recommend) the only thing I can say about the others is that, I will be ordering from them too.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
You might want to check out a Surefire 10X Dominator. It has
dual reflectors & with the MN30 (60 lumens) it runs for
3 hours. With the MN31 (500 lumens) it runs for 20 minutes.
Or you can substitute the MN32 (110 lumens - 90 minutes) for
the MN30. When you run the MN31 lamp (500 lumens)the MN30
is also lit up. If you Run with the MN32 & the MN31 you get
500+ lumens & your run time is under 20 minutes.
You might also want to check out the McCulloch X990 HID,
this is rated at 7 million candlepower & 3200 lumens.

H

henryhoehandle

Thanx for the replies.. I am looking for something around 100 bucks, but for high quality I would probably spend more.

Thebeam>> a charger and re-chargable batteries would be fine. Basically, I want a good dependable light to use here for various reasons. We get a lot of bad weather here and the power goes out often. I guess I am just tired of the "el-cheapo" rechargeable spot lights that last about 10 minutes before the battery goes out, and about 3 months before they last even less.

Hoghead>> Where can I find those??

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Henry, You might also want to take a look at a Tigerlight. It's small, about 8 inches (the FBOP version), and it's rechargeable. Plus it throws a very long beam, to at least 200+ feet, and it's runtime's about a little over an hour... It's comparative brightness is a tad lower than a SureFire M3 on its low output lamp... And it sure beats carrying around a spotlight. It's about $100, less if you can shop around...

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Check the Dealers Corner, the TigerLights are $86.50 until Aug 18th. Either the full size of the FBOP [$86.00]. The Full size sounds like a better deal as long as it does not pose any legal problems where you live.

The FBOP version uses the older LA's and are not warrantied, the full size version uses the newer LA's.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can foresee a small arsenal of lights for different tasks. Led for long life, incan for throw and brightness, area light for general lighting, etc. Just a thought. And with the budget you have you could do well in your choices.

H

henryhoehandle

Could a spotlight (what I have now) with a 55w H3 bulb ( i think that is what is in it), be modified to accept four "D" NIMH batteries? If so, is there a way to recharge them without removing them from the case each time. Maybe some kind of a 6-volt charger? I know this sounds weird... lol

I like the brightness of the spot light but not the lead acid batteries.

TheBeam

Enlightened
I can't answer that question, but someone else might if you mention what kind of light you have.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am wondering about a rechargable as a power failure light. Dont rechargables not last as long. I would think if he wants to use rechargables that great. But wouldn't he want it to be able to fall back on disposable batteries if the failure is prolonged. Wouldn't this limit him to a light that used standard batteries? But then again, have mulitple lights and not worry about it.

TheBeam

Enlightened
I don't have any rechargeable lights, only rechargeable batteries and a lot of alkaline too. If there was a power failure it would be an excellent time to test/admire the collection. As for being prolonged, thats where Luxeon Stars and a supply of batteries come in very handy. Yes, multiple lights, and then, some more.