Flashaholic Fail 101

omegaman

Newly Enlightened
Power outage at work, and I had no light with me, been thinking about what I could get to edc, then bam lights out

I feel ashamed

bosh

Newly Enlightened
Re: I feel ashamed

As you should be! :shakehead :nana: :thumbsup:

Burgess

Flashaholic
to OmegaMan --

We appreciate your honesty.

You are now Officially Forgiven !

Go forth, my son, and Sin No More ! ! !

Obtain suitable Flashlight(s) of your choice,

and carry 'em All The Time.

Good Luck !
:candle:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Good ole Burgess, quick to forgive and offer support!

Besides, it's really okay. It says you're still 'unenlightened' and I'm sure that just as some of the 9/11 survivors, you'll never be without a light again!

Get a neck carry light and you'll have one with you even when you have nothing else. My favorite is the Draco but any AAA light works well, especially the iTP A3 or Arc-P which both weigh virtually nothing.

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
I'm gonna brag. I went through security. I told him I had too much stuff. He said just to put my jacket through the X-ray machine. I then proceeded to empty my pockets. He had a surprised look. I think he figured everything was in my jacket. Then he said, "Two flashlights?" (it was daytime) "You carry two flashlight?" Without missing a beat I showed him my MiniCR2. He was blown away by it brightness. He said he used to own a SureFire G2, but it wasn't bright enough. I said that SureFire makes lights to be bombproof reliable. Being bright is a far second. I then showed him my Milky modded SF Backup.

Before I left he asked for where to buy the MiniCR2. :twothumbs

ejot

Enlightened
Yup I failed yesterday. Fancy dinner after a long meeting, expensive place with no light and all that BS. Secretary complains she can't see the menu. Oh great, I can help. Grab Mac's EDC, set it to low and hand it over.

"Oh thanks, I just kinda press here...?"

<taps the button twice, and finally clicks it on, now on hi>

<hundreds of lumens now filling dim, quiet restaurant>

:oops:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Power outage at work, and I had no light with me, been thinking about what I could get to edc, then bam lights out

I feel ashamed

Omegaman, you are hereby convicted of being... human. :) I made the same mistake the other week when I found myself in an elevator with no working lights in it.

Being caught without a flashlight only makes us appreciate them more when we have them!

DM51

Flashaholic
Aaaarrgh - me too, on Saturday night!

A group of us were trying to enter the security code on a door keypad in the dark, and I proudly stepped forward with my Aeon (keychain light).

I twisted it on for low, then further on to get high... but no high! The low was enough, and one person remarked "That's quite a neat little light," but no wow factor with the high...

I had forgotten to change the battery, which was nearly dead...! :green:

I think I may have to ban myself for this appalling example of neglect, LOL

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Why didn't you just pull out one of your other lights, and use one of those on high-mode? . . . Oh! Did you only have one light on your person??

Double neglect. In that case, I second your self-ban recommendation. ;)

Art

Enlightened
DM51: That happend to me a lot of times... my EDC is a L0D with a nimh and sometimes I had the same bat for weeks and when the time came to show the "power" it was low :|

Now I use the L0D with a 10440 and charge it nearly every day and I always get a "wow" on high :D

ASheep

Enlightened
DM51, that sure is embarrassing, spare batteries are a must :poke:
and Omegaman, it happens to everyone once... Actually I never EDC'd a light up until I got stuck in an elevator for an hour at uni when the power went out... Since then, my A2 EOS (and a spare battery) is always in my pocket :candle:

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Feel ashamed as well. Went home one night with the gf. My apartment have two combination lock. Immediately grab my edc to light up the lock and all of a sudden, in just 5 seconds my light went out :ohgeez:. My girl went :mad: so we ended up using our cellphones display to light up the lock. Lesson learned so I always make sure my batteries is freshly charge when I go out with the gf at night. :sigh:.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Aaaarrgh - me too, on Saturday night!

A group of us were trying to enter the security code on a door keypad in the dark, and I proudly stepped forward with my Aeon (keychain light).

I twisted it on for low, then further on to get high... but no high! The low was enough, and one person remarked "That's quite a neat little light," but no wow factor with the high...

I had forgotten to change the battery, which was nearly dead...! :green:

You only had one light on you! :laughing:

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
For some reason that struck me as very funny with DM51 saying he should ban himself....imagine that the Ban Hammer himself giving himself a week off for neglect towards his passion.

I am still laughing about this....nice to know even DM51 himself is not above his own very watchfull eyes.

Please tell me that after not being able to have the wow factor that night surely you loaded it up with fresh power and quickly went back and showed it off to your friends on high mode. That would be what any true flashaholic would do.

Latest posts