• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: ~2000 OTF lumens quad neutral MC-E Elephant II, Led Zeppelins heatsink

arek98

Enlightened
23.jpg

Body is FiveMega Black Elephant II with FM3X head. Light is using short body (4x18650) but I have two extensions for tube and battery holder and they are included as a bonus.

Light is using 4 neutral K bin MC-E LED (MCE4WT-A2-5A0-K0-0-00001). According to spec they are 4000K-4300K. Tint is really nice in my opinion, it does not look as yellow as on beamshoots. K bit is rated 370-430 lm @ 350mA. With output @ 700mA being about 170% of that it means light pushes about 2500-2900 emitter lumens and this should give close or above 2000 OTF (and it is really bright!) when driven @ 2.8A.

LEDs are glued with thermal epoxy to LED Zeppelin custom Quad MC-E FM3X. McR27S reflectors are used. Beam is smooth and pretty narrow for MC-E (see photos below). There is slight donut hole in the center but barely noticeable. I think that is because 4 MC-E are overlapping each other slightly.

Individual chips on each MC-E are connected in parallel and then all 4 LEDs in series.

Switch is a M@G switch converted to momentary and sanded down from battery side to allow better connection. Spring in tail has copper desoldering braid wick soldered to decrease resistance.

Driver used is TaskLed hipFlex V1.1a. Currently it is programmed to 2.8A at full power (which is max) but it can be reprogrammed using light switch as described in instruction. At this current table (2.8A max) low should be around 70mA. More info about hipFlex is here and in this thread.

Red stat diode with resistor is connected to driver but I never seen it lit. Anyway it is barely visible under reflectors.

Driver is attached to aluminum heatsink using thermal material (the same kind that comes with hipFlex but better grade) and secured with 3 stainless steel screws. All wires used are military grade silver plated copper with Teflon insulation. 20AWG between battery and driver and 22AWG between driver and LEDs. Similar to that (purchased from him).
LED Zeppelin's heatsink was cut a little :whistle: to give enough space for driver. Driver heatsink is made by cutting aluminum rod little more than in half and attached to LED heatsink with thermal epoxy. It was curing inside tube to ensure alignment and best contact with tube.

Thermal grease was used between heatsink and body.

Head can't be turned (because of wires between it and body) but it is not locked. Light may be disassembled but it requires unscrewing switch, pulling it back a little, fishing wires thru the hole, removing insulation from join and desoldering them. Tricky but nothing gets destroyed in process.
Light is in very good condition. It was used only to impress people (successfully :D).

Price is SOLD. It includes insured priority mail within US (inluding HI & AK) and PayPal fees. I will consider shipping it elsewhere if buyer pays additional cost and assumes responsibility for any trouble (like customs and such).

If you need any more details please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you for looking
Arek

Some photos (more are available here)

beamshoots_wall.jpg

beamshoots_out.jpg

Tint.jpg

21.jpg

Last edited: