E1+KL1+L4 clickie tailcap=great EDC

revbnc

Newly Enlightened
A fellow Flashaholic brought in to work tonight what I consider to be a great combination.

E1E with a KL1 head and a L4 clickie tailcap.

wow!!! Why doesn't surefire do away with the old twist on/off method? Clicking rolls.

Here are pictures. I think this is a great EDC and am trying to get another one of my fellow employees to come off of his KL1 he uses on his scorpian.

Does anyone know if you can buy just the L4 clickie tailcap anywhere?

Here are pics.
fb77f286.jpg

fb77f282.jpg

If $$$ was available would buy a L4 head and put it on instead of KL1 as I tested it and it is fantastic. Here is another thread about that.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB3&Number=303866&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=2#Post305713

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did somebody say E1e + KL4 head?? I have a Z57 clickie on this baby too. Tactical Warehouse has them for sale.

fb9a56d3.jpg

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shrap...yeah, but if you slap the KL4 head on the E1e, you get a really bright tiny light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The Arc LS is a great light too...I have mine around here somewhere... hehe.

RazorMaxx

Newly Enlightened
The E1/KL1 was my first SF. Bought it from Dan at TW. I soon after ordered an L4 and soon after that I swapped the Z57 over onto the E1/KL1. I really like this little set up. It's fun to put the L4 head on the E1e too. The new E1e's are going to all have the Z57 switch now I believe.

Crash

Enlightened
half New Orleans, half Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I spoke to SF and they said that they aren't shipping the clickies yet. Their inventories are being consumed by the L4's right now. I have the same set-up but with an E2e. A little brighter BUT it'll last for 4 hours.

A KL4 on an E1e? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Boy talk about 15 minutes of fame ... VERY Bright but for how long?

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crash...It seems like a lot of people are getting around 22 minutes of fame with the E1e+KL4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I actually haven't tried to leave it on the whole time, so I wouldn't be able to verify that myself. But I trust the runtime tests performed by fellow CPFers. I'm telling ya...it's the way to go, if you don't want to get an L4.

Or, buy an L4 and also get a KL1. You can switch and swap out LED bezels to your heart's content. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And yes, Batterystation is correct...Tactical Warehouse has clickies for the E-series for sale. Thanks Kevin!

Crash

Enlightened
half New Orleans, half Baton Rouge, Louisiana
ttran97:

My Arc LSH-P fills the niche where the E1e would fit in my "battery" (pun intended, sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif) of flashlights. I have 4 E2e's plus a KL1 bezel for each plus a KL4 bezel for 2 of them, an L1, an L4, and a C3 plus a KL3. Since run time is usually my priority, I EDC an E2e/KL1 combo plus an L4. Sometimes the LSH-P replaces the E2e/KL1 depending on the circumstances. The C3/KL3 combo is great for really long run time (about 7 hours) if bulk is not an issue.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Crash...Sweet collection of lights you've got there. For me, I don't need run-time, therefore I max out the lumen on all my lights. hehe. To each his own! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I definitely agree that the Arc LSH-P is an awesome light. No argument there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
shrap said:
That's a lot of work to get a light functionally identical to the Arc LS, but bigger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so fast. I've been doing some very extension testing of the E1E + KL4 configuration compared to the LSH-P. My results have been staggering. I need to do the same tests of a few different KL4's and LSH-P's to make sure it's consistant.

What I'm finding is longer runtime as well as brigher output for the duration of the test from the KL4 on 1-cell as compared to the LSH-P.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nascar...thanks for your run time tests. You convinced me to talk to Dan @ TW into selling the E1e+KL4 as a combo. Great light!

RY3

Enlightened
I think I will join the party /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fb75c930.jpg

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Tonight, the configuration easily has run for 3-hours so far. It's brightness is way brighter than an ARC-AAA but not a bright as an LSHP with a fresh cell. So far, using 2-different LSHP's and two different KL4's, the KL4 and E1E/E1 combo is kicking some serious a**. I am just amazed at what I'm seeing.

revbnc

Newly Enlightened
RY,
Thats Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Sounds like Tactical Wharehouse is the place to go!!!

RY3

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
revbnc said:
RY,
Thats Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
Does anyone know how we could get our McLux 1 x 123 bodies finished in HA-III?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call me crazy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif but I actually like it the other way: make the KL4 EN finish to match the McLux. he he

revbnc

Newly Enlightened
Overtime, overtime!!!! I need overtime to buy all this stuff!!!!

I showed my wife this thread this morning and she thinks the light is cute. Maybe that means shes coming around. Possibley an L4 Head??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif I won't hold my breath /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif