Olight Sr90 vs Polarion X1 vs L70 for fun!!

Johnyjackpot

Newly Enlightened
I am considering purchasing a X1 40w but am wondering if it worth the extra $ over the SR90. A friend has a SR90 and it's impressive. Will the X1 blow it away? The L70 is also in the running. Which would you rather have as a "toy"? I have no special needs other than fun at night. Knowing that this comparison is apples and oranges in terms of throw vs spill, will I be much more wowed as the price goes up; or is it a case of diminishing returns? Smaller size is a plus but not determinate. Thanks in advance for any help.

Johnyjackpot

Newly Enlightened
Thanks HJK. Have looked at these beam-shots and reviews but am hoping someone has or has seen two or all three of these. It's hard to get "the bigger picture" from these pictures.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Thoping someone has or has seen two or all three of these. It's hard to get "the bigger picture" from these pictures.

I do not understand what you mean, I believe that the beamshot covers two of them?
Here is some pictures from the above beamshot:

L70 - SR90 :
DSC_1138a.jpg
DSC_1147a.jpg

DSC_1138c.jpg
DSC_1147c.jpg

There are also pictures with other distances and access to larger versions of all the pictures.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Thanks. Do you think the Polarion at 40 w is much brighter than the Olight? Does the extra lumens of the X1 answer the question?

Any 35W HID sends out more light (lumen) than the SR90, but the SR90 has a very good throw (lux).

Last edited: