ARC-AAA fix for protruding head?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could someone please point me to info for the ARC-AAA fix for a head that won't fully screw into the battery tube? I've got one... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

gyverpete

Enlightened
If the light turns on but the head sticks out far enough that you can see part of the o-ring/groove and you want to fix it youself, you can, by removing a little of the solder blob. That will allow the head to screw in further. I've gotten a couple of units like this. If you don't want to try the home remedy, send it to ARC.

If the light won't turn on then what snakebite said may be true. Arc did change the thread pitch a while back. You could have gotten a mismatched unit, though it's unlikely.
Or the threads are defective. If it's either thread problem, definitely send it back to ARC.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i believe arc changed the threading at one point.

it is possible that you recieved two incompatable parts.

were these a direct sale, or from one of the recent cpf buys?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Er, this was from one of the auctions of ARC-AAA seconds, so I don't think sending it back will be an option. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Removing some of the solder blob might help; it does make intuitive sense. I'll try that?

LED_ASAP

Enlightened
Yes, Arc changed the thread, and the typical symptom is you can screw in the head to just around the O-ring but no further. If you bought it from a dealer, then return it for a warrenty replacement; if it's from the Arc-parts-auction, you may try to see if you can get another tube and hope it will fit, or you'd better off just bring it to a metal shop and ask them to re-tap the thread for you.

gyverpete

Enlightened
Crushing down down the positive tip of the battery will also work. Just don't use a LARGE hammer to do it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif