Drop-Ins for a S.F. E2D

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only real way to use a drop-in is with the Malkoff VME Valient head, and one of his drop ins :thumbsup:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=229715
Fits your head, low price, high lumens. Send PP now. :D

If you want the VME and M61 it's a great combo but you lose the spikes, which may be a plus or minus for you. A Malkoff is awesome. Don't forget to order the lens kit too!!!

Ordering the TLS head can get your spikes back and increase the throw but I personally can't vouch for it. Other CPF'ers seemed to really like it when it came out.

Since we're here do you want the utility of flood or the reach of throw? Also do you have a tint preference at all?

carrot

Flashaholic
Would the Malkoff VME Head and a M61 be better than the S.F. 200 lumen led drop-in. Thanks Craig
The M61 will be brighter, but it may not throw as far, thanks to Surefire's special lens system.

I carry the M61 in a VME head on my E2D. I consider it to put out a "battering ram" of light. Excellent for mid-range distances and good for long range distances.

DeerBear 2000

Newly Enlightened
I have a M61 on a Surefire C2 and I really like it so this may be the way I go, just a few quick questions. As far as flood or throw are concerned, I really think flood is more important to me and I really don't have a tint preference. I really don't need the spikes, how does the XP-G Tower Module, the EM-T compare to the M61 and if anyone has experience with the TLS could you please let me know how it compares with the M61 and the Surefire KX2C head. I'm really just looking to make my E2D the best I possible can, if that's a M61, a KX2C or another option. Performance is my main concern. I would also like to change the tailcap to a twist switch if possible. Thanks, Craig

carrot

Flashaholic
Unfortunately there is no twist switch available for the E-series anymore. However, if you were looking for one, the model # for the tailcap you are after is the Z52.