Surefire Stratum

watchcollector1968

Newly Enlightened
Just got one of these...fortunately we have a dealer here that sells cheap...108!!!

Great looking light and I like it coming on low mode first. Cannot wait until it gets dark.

sf-stratum2.jpg

sf-stratum.jpg

sf-stratum3.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
I gotta say I really like this new light. When they start popping up on the MP, I may have to try one out. Don't really NEED another two celled multimode light, but it is great looking and well, can you really have too many SFs? I think not.

watchcollector1968

Newly Enlightened
I have lights with really good throw, and I have lights with really nice spill for large areas.

This one is (at least in my collection) the best I have seen as for a combo of both.

Quite a nice throw. Just going by my eyes, it is just about the same as my E1B. The spill is very large and quite bright. Easily lighting a large area and plenty bright enough to be very useful.

The lowest level is nice outside...great for walking and just looking around at short distance.

Medium level should serve for about anything you need a light for...nice and bright with good runtime.

High is a lot of fun...again, the spill is amazing for a light having such good throw.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice looking light!

So do you guys think these will eventually replace the 6P/9P bodies? Looks like an evolved 6P...

LumensMaximus

Enlightened
The spill is very large and quite bright. Easily lighting a large area and plenty bright enough to be very useful.

The lowest level is nice outside...great for walking and just looking around at short distance.

Medium level should serve for about anything you need a light for...nice and bright with good runtime.

High is a lot of fun...again, the spill is amazing for a light having such good throw.

+1 Just got mine :twothumbs

nbp

Flashaholic
Nice looking light!

So do you guys think these will eventually replace the 6P/9P bodies? Looks like an evolved 6P...

Maybe, but I think there would still be people who want the knurled bodies, don't you? I obviously haven't handled this light, so I don't know how the grip is, but seems like it could get slick without the knurling. Yes, no, maybe??

watchcollector1968

Newly Enlightened
I think the grip is pretty decent. Has the finger grooves which helps.

Still not as secure feeling as knurling though.

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
I recently watched a video made by someone at the Surefire booth at Shot 2010. In the video they seemed to suggest that the Stratum was indeed an updated form of 6P.

Dime, if you do get a Stratum I'd be interested to see if the bezel is interchangeable with your Z2-S and if so if that gives the Z2-S the UI of the Stratum and vica-versa

Great looking light. Thanks for the pics.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) Where did you buy? Can we order by phone?
2) Does it take a P60 LED drop-in?
3) Will it take an 18650 battery?
4) What kind of LED?
5) Are tail end threads on body anodized or bare?

thanks

Rocketman

Enlightened
Nice looking light!

I don't think so. The 6P was made to be a tactical light for use with a handgun, wasn't it? The Stratum comes on in low. The switch is more useful I think but it looks to me to be a duty light not a tactical light. They should be selling two models, a tactical and a regular.

It's perfect for me as it is.

Don't know what's up with the knurling. Someone tell me it's not a cosmetic change.

Rocketman

Enlightened
1) Where did you buy? Can we order by phone?
2) Does it take a P60 LED drop-in?
3) Will it take an 18650 battery?
4) What kind of LED?
5) Are tail end threads on body anodized or bare?

thanks

Check out the Stratum review thread. The head is different, I'm told drop-in's won't work. Last I looked, the Stratum is not available from the Surefire website but can be bought from dealers.

LumensMaximus

Enlightened
Maybe I'm getting weak but I can't unscrew the Stratum head from the body :green: or maybe S/F just doesn't want you to :ironic:. I also just received a new 6PL with the 120 head and of course that easily twists right off but the led module is not loose, I didn't want to force and break something but 52.00 for an extra head sounds reasonable.