My wife: my lights

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
This happened this morning.....moderators, forgive me.

I have tons of lights...mag, ARC's, PT, SF's, mods, Inova, etc...just like many of us. Usually, when my wife discovers a new light, I get this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
It doesn't help that she has been the victim of many "right-in -the-eye" flashes by me and my devilish son...

This morning, she sees (for the first time), my silver PM6 on my night stand (with, unknown to her a 5w Mcmodule).

She, "Where did you get that "mod" hi-tech-looking flashlight?"

Me,( sheepishly afraid of what is coming next), "As part of a trade for a knife"

She, (for the first time ever), "Let me see it."

Me (nearly rupturing every fiber in my body to comply quickly)," Here"

She, (examining it)

Me, "Just push the black button at the bottom"

She, (about to do so, while looking at the lens /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif)

Me, "NOT AT YOUR EYES!!

She,(shining it at a wall 5' away) "Wow, that is BRIGHT"

Me, "yup"/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

She, "Can I get one?"

Me, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif with joy.

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

A real emotional experience for us flashaholics! Maybe you're wearing off on her? I hope this happens to me soon!

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. Blue,

I'll bet you slept well that night!

Wow, a wife who appreciates a good flashlight. Perhaps we need a new forum here to match people together. Our younger singles could find a mate with an appreciation, even inclination, for seeking the light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul

batterystation

Enlightened
That is too funny. I just gave my wife an E1E/KL1 w/clickie. She is not as far along as the above, but my son and I are working hard on her. We just need a few power failures out here in the country and it will be a won battle.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
ah ... strange that. I got almost the same strange interest out of my love for my new PM6. apparently the silver PM6 pleases the other side ...
bernhard

LightChucker

Enlightened
That is a really great story.

My wife (in the picture with me) is really sweet. I came home from work yesterday, and there on the kitchen table was a Sharper Image catalog. She had it opened so that I could see the flashlights. I gave her a big hug, and told her how great she was. We have a standing disagreement - I tell her how great she is, and she objects by saying she is just a POG (Plain Old Girl). She says she gets a kick out of me getting a kick out of flashlights.

Any wonder that she is always the first thing I thank God for in my prayers? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Chuck

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not even married to my girlfriend yet, and she puts up a bit of a 'fit' if I get another flashlight, . . . . unless it's something cheap. She's not controlling or anything, really. She just would rather me get my bills paid off before making purchases that aren't necessary. I've told her that I wouldn't buy anymore flashlights. I didn't say I wouldn't buy parts to BUILD them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

In all seriousness, I feel at a dead end, when it comes to flashlights. I've got, what most would consider, the best setup for an LED flashlight, similar to a SNII. Until they increase the output of these, I may not be buying for a good while anyway.

I say that, but soon those 3 watt LEDs will be out and I'll have to get some for a triple 3 watt setup, probably from Elekro Lumens.

I guess I'll have to start thinking up a good excuse. . . .

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

ZENGHOST

Enlightened
I got a laugh out of this because I have a friend who has never really been impressed by my flashlights, but when I showed her my silver PM6 (w/McModule) she immediately said, "that's a nice flashlight!" Since it was during the day she hadn't even seen how bright it was, but aesthetically speaking, the Silver PM6 does seem to appeal to the womenfolk. She's definitely going to get one for either her birthday or Xmas (sans McModule). I got her into knives (she carries daily), but I'm trying to get her into the flashlight thing as well. The most I've gotten her to carry is an ASP Mirage and a glowring on her keys, but hoping to expand that a bit.

Zeppert

Enlightened
You should have seen my wife when I told her that I put $500.00 on our credit card to by my (OUR /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif) X990.

Wow!! That took a little while for her to understand that we ( I /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif )REALLY needed one.

Well it turned out that she agreed to the purchase BUT I had to let her buy LOTS and LOTS of Tupperware. Oh well It had a happy ending..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the title of your thread, I was afraid you had to make a choice; I was going to recommend that you keep the lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
------------------------------------------------------
When Bill Clinton was getting off Marine One a few years ago, the Marine Guard saw that he had a M*gLite in his hand. The Marine said, Oh, Mr. President, Please let me get you a SureFire, it is a much better light.

Clinton Replied: "I just got this for hillary".

Marine replied: " Oh, in that case, Sir, Great trade."

Zeppert

Enlightened
Silviron /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif ......
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

rodfran

Enlightened
Thanks Mr. Blue, I think the development of luxeon brightness and efficiency will eventually get the attention of even non-flashaholics. The other day I received a blue solitaire modded with a 1 watt luxeon from LED_ASAP. My wife has been very tolerant of my flashlight hobby. She saw the output of the solitaire and the small size(also blue is her favorite color) and she had to have one. Her other flashlights are the Streamlight Scorpion(again she likes it because of the small size) and a blue minimag modded with a madmax pill! Who knows? Maybe someday she will become a flashaholic.

lildave

Newly Enlightened
thats funny my wife said, hey I like that keychain light (arc aaa le.) I said yea I like it to, she said can you get me one, I said I've had my eye on the CPF ed. she said buy it, when it came she took it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

revbnc

Newly Enlightened
My wife too is coming around. I put a 3mm white nichia in a AAA Minim@g I had in a drawer for her. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif That has helped since it meets here needs.

Seems like the more you do for them or get them the more they appreciate the lights.

Maybe there should be a forum for Wives of Flashaholics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

batterystation

Enlightened
That E1E/KL1 I gave my wife was not very impressive until she compared it to mine and hers was brighter and whiter. I said "if you don't want it, I will keep it", at which point she growled "give that back!" I gave it back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don't you just love it when they get posessive over something they didn't care less about 2 minutes earlier.

-Jason