good carrying cases for individual lasers/flashlights?

ixfd64

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know where I can get a good protective case for individual flashlights and lasers? A lot of people on LPF recommend Pelican cases, and I have no doubt that they're very good for storing multiple items, but they also tend to be too large for what I need. If I were to take a laser or a flashlight on, say, a cave tour, I would not want to be lugging around a laptop-sized box!

Some people have also suggested using cigar cases, but most of them are actually too small! Most cigar cases have an interior length of no more than eight inches, and many flashlights (and especially handheld lasers) are longer than that.

I've looked everywhere for an appropriately-sized case (with something along the lines of 10" L x 3" W x 2" H), but all I can find are those large and bulky ones.

I know that custom cases are always an option, but they tend to be pretty expensive.

Last edited:

ejot

Enlightened
Pelican makes very nice micro cases in sizes up to 6.37" x 2.62" x 2.06" interior dimensions, which should hold up to 2x123 sized light. They also have pretty small boxes in the standard series. Also check out Otterbox, the 8000 and 9000.

The 10" length is going to be hard to find in that small cross section. Is there a specific light this is for?

ixfd64

Newly Enlightened
Again a bit smaller than requested, another idea: here

I've considered this product before. It would hold my LED lights with no problem, but it's a bit too short for my 204 mm "Spyder I Pro" laser. I could probably fit the laser into the larger Cigar Caddy 3400 if I remove the tail cap, but it would be a hassle if I had to remove and replace the cap every time.

The 10" length is going to be hard to find in that small cross section. Is there a specific light this is for?

Yeah, that seems to be the case. I guess getting a "perfect" case would indeed require a custom order, LOL.

Last edited:

Latest posts