Olight SR90 - CRI?

chanjyj

Enlightened
As per thread title, does anyone happen to know the CRI of the Olight SR90, or give an estimate (educated guesses anyone?)?

Using it for a while, I find colour rendering to be not-so-fantastic. I am starting to wonder if it is ME, or the light.

HKJ

Flashaholic
With the blue beam from the SR90 I will guess they uses a W65S bin with a color temperature of 6500K and around 70 in CRI.

The data sheet is here.

chanjyj

Enlightened
With the blue beam from the SR90 I will guess they uses a W65S bin with a color temperature of 6500K and around 70 in CRI.

The data sheet is here.

:ohgeez: What a promising light. Except for the CRI. That really spoils everything.

chanjyj

Enlightened
Rather OT, but could anyone recommend a commercially (mass produced) light with a high LED CRI?

I know of RA's lights, but am looking for something with a slightly higher output, and something which can go through the abuse I put my lights through.

Not saying that RA's Lights can't, but I wouldn't like to pay a ton for a light which might die in 1 year after daily smashing and drowning (that said, my TK10 has survived till now and the only "fix" needed was a tailcap replace which Fenix gladly did).

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
:ohgeez: What a promising light. Except for the CRI. That really spoils everything.

It's no different from any other cool white LED light.

Maybe take a look at warm/neutral white LEDs? IIRC, warm cree's are around 80 CRI and you can also get SSC's with CRI of 93. CRI is not a particularly good system for measuring colour rendering anyway. Do a search, there's a lot of debate on this topic here on CPF.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rather OT, but could anyone recommend a commercially (mass produced) light with a high LED CRI?

I know of RA's lights, but am looking for something with a slightly higher output, and something which can go through the abuse I put my lights through.

Not saying that RA's Lights can't, but I wouldn't like to pay a ton for a light which might die in 1 year after daily smashing and drowning (that said, my TK10 has survived till now and the only "fix" needed was a tailcap replace which Fenix gladly did).

Well RA lights are known as some of the toughest on the market at any price, so I don't think you would have anything to worry about there.. :thumbsup:

Also check out Fenix's TK20, it's tougher than nails and has a neutral/warm tint led for better CRI. (Please dont try to tell me that it technically doesnt anyone and that CRI is irrelevant to CCT.)

kramer5150

Flashaholic

TK20 comes to mind immediately. Although its CRI is still only around 80, which is standard for warm tint XREs. The TK20 meets your other criteria as well.

OP the SR90 I demo'd was a low CRI and pale white tint.

chanjyj

Enlightened
TK20 comes to mind immediately. Although its CRI is still only around 80, which is standard for warm tint XREs. The TK20 meets your other criteria as well.

OP the SR90 I demo'd was a low CRI and pale white tint.

Yeah. I know about the TK20. I actually tested Fenix's products (Fenix shippped them to me for review) a while back before I stopped.

I'm looking for something in higher output though. Maybe not in the range of the SR90 but something around 600 lumens would be good. Does such a thing exist at all? :shakehead

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Yeah. I know about the TK20. I actually tested Fenix's products (Fenix shippped them to me for review) a while back before I stopped.

I'm looking for something in higher output though. Maybe not in the range of the SR90 but something around 600 lumens would be good. Does such a thing exist at all? :shakehead

Eagletac makes a warm tint version of the M2

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TK20 is one tough light.

When I first got mine, I did an abuse test simply out of curiosity.

Here's what I did to it:

Dropped about a dozen times onto concrete from 2-7feet. All angles.

Dropped onto gravel about the same.

Thrown as far as I could onto gravel.

Thrown down onto gravel, very hard.

Jumped on, on concrete and gravel.

It was turned on the whole time and only turned off once because the tail cap came loose. Tightened it up and away it went.

It then spent a few months in the tool box in the back of my car with all the other pieces of metal bouncing around and now resides in my B.O.B.

I know for sure it would take a LOT to kill this light.

Here's what it looks like now.

31106_406076667519_647112519_4255398_7803908_n.jpg

chanjyj

Enlightened
The TK20 is one tough light.

When I first got mine, I did an abuse test simply out of curiosity.

Here's what I did to it:

Dropped about a dozen times onto concrete from 2-7feet. All angles.

Dropped onto gravel about the same.

Thrown as far as I could onto gravel.

Thrown down onto gravel, very hard.

Jumped on, on concrete and gravel.

It was turned on the whole time and only turned off once because the tail cap came loose. Tightened it up and away it went.

It then spent a few months in the tool box in the back of my car with all the other pieces of metal bouncing around and now resides in my B.O.B.

I know for sure it would take a LOT to kill this light.

Here's what it looks like now.

31106_406076667519_647112519_4255398_7803908_n.jpg

I think nothing can beat the abuse my TK10 went through (and sometimes still goes through for "demonstration purposes")!