Icon Rogue 2- short review

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
I won this light at the recent FCW 6 camp out. www.Lighthound.com was the donor. I showed this light to several of my friends, and they thought it was neat...and powerful for a 2 AA light.

IMG_0823-1.jpg

Here are a few shots to show off it's unique design.

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

I decided to test it underwater- since it lists 1 meter ok.

IMG_0814.jpg

I left it in water for a while- then took it apart to look for leaks. None.
The larger o ring on the body certainly helps.

IMG_0818.jpg

The construction is very solid. Notice how thick the tube walls are. You can also see the OP reflector- which gives a nice smooth light pattern.

IMG_0821.jpg

Here is a ceiling shot to show the smoothness of the light.

IMG_0780.jpg

The two levels are 10 and 100 lumens. The ratings are a bit conservative. This light is quite strong. What is also excellent is the 70 hour run time on low.

THe light has a great switch. Nice to operate...light, but not touchy. It's a forward clicky- so you can turn on the light with a half press.

The switch operation has a mode memory....if it's off for more than 2 seconds it will come back- on that mode.

For around $45 this is a great light and also a really cool light to give as a gift to a friend or family member.

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Nice review, and good pics too. Yes the Rogue 2, and Rogue 1 are nice lights. Solid performers, with nice smooth beams. I gave my Rogue 1 to my son, and sort of regret it. Need another one.

Bill

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Auto Dimming? It's not a car? Sorry , don't know what you mean. I haven't let it on long enough in high mode to see if the output dims....is that what you mean?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
It is just a feature of the Icon lights. After 10 minutes on they drop out of regulation, and go direct drive. If you click off and then on it goes right back into regulation for 10 more minutes. Never a problem for me, and you don't really notice the 10+ minutes drop off. It sort of saves the batteries in that they are not forced to push the highest amount of current to the LED during the off regulation time.

Bill

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Jirik...I understand now. My test is only meant to be a simple user test. Not a detailed test like other do.