Budget Rechargeable Spotlight?

SR.GRINGO

Enlightened
Looking to buy several economical rechargeable spotlights for a customer to light up a field. So far the stanley HID could work, but cheaper would be better. I sold my HID power on board and the customer would like more. Either halogen, or HID will work. Any recomendations?

I don't think an MCE, or P7 from DX would have the power to light a field otherwise I would go this route.

Mattmanic

Newly Enlightened
55W car HID kit from ebay? 2 ballasts, 2 bulbs, shouldn't be more than £40 or so. Then you'd just need one 12v battery and wire the bulbs in series or one battery each if you need to spread them out a bit. You'll then need a host to put them in. Any cheap spotlight will do.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I know the Stanley is the Cheapest complete HID system of any kind that can be bought. There are some others frequently on ebay in a similar price range, but many of those are larger than the stanley and closer in size to the POB.

There are always cheaper halogen spotlights, but the HIDs would obviously be much more effective for lighting up fields because of the higher overall brightness.

gibbs

Newly Enlightened
Being in a small town in Canada, my options are rather limited, however I like to use a candlepower/$ ratio when comparing spotlights. So far I have bought the following rechargeable spotlights (from canadian tire)

1) 1M-CP @ $10.00 = 100,000 cp/$
2) 3M-CP @ $15.00 = 200,000 cp/$
3) 25M-CP (HID) @ 60.00 = 416,667 cp/$

All of the above lights were bought on sale, and actually in order from lowest cp to highest, as my obsession with ultra-bright spotlights grew......

Although the 25M is clearly the winner here, I do also really love the 3M model, as it features LED night light, compass, and dimmer built in, as well as the instant-on of incandescent...all for $15.oo