Why is my A2 lens fogging up on the inside?

cyberspyder

Enlightened
It's not water, I took it apart and left it to dry for a week, still there. Sort of a hazing, then a rainbow colored edge right at the very center where the tip of the bulb is. I left the incan on for 5 minutes to take a shower while my power was out, and now can't get rid of the foggy lens. :confused:

Brendan

kramer5150

Flashaholic
ROPs are notorious for this. With the pelican PR lamps, its the adhesive used to seat the bulb in the socket. It out-gasses at high temperatures and emits a foul smelling liquid vapor. It ruined one of my reflectors, but fortunately it just wiped off my glass lens. Not sure about the A2...?

nbp

Flashaholic
Is it a very new bulb? Sometimes bulbs have a coating on them that has to burn off and as it does it kind of sticks to the reflector. The Pelican 3854 bulbs I bought had a burn in period where you had to leave the head open while they smoked. I would be surprised if this were the case on the A2, but it's an idea. Some sort of residue, oil, coating, on the bulb that burned?

computernut

Enlightened
I have a MN03 that fogs up my reflector in my E2E but an MN02 and a LF HO-E2A don't leading me to think it's the potting material. Never seen my lens fog up though. If it's moisture from the shower you'd think that letting it air for a week would have worked.