Surefire Special E2e for Christmas

Gandalf

Enlightened
Gee, it looks almost identical to my GM E2, for which I paid $42 a few months after they came out.
icon3.gif
I certainly hope some of the resellers will have them at at least some discount, because $75 for a GM E2e seems pretty steep to me...
twak.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I wonder if this is the smoother E2 that Derek mentioned? Where's KT? He wanted to get rid of the hex on the head? I think it would be a cool light if they threaded the head for a bezel cap and threw in a glass lens.

Darell

Flashaholic
The E2e has been a weird one from the get-go. I think only the HA version had the hex bezel, etc. With non-HA versions, the only improvement from the E2 was the clip. So I'm wondering just what makes this one special? The continued *lack* of E2e refinements?

nihraguk

Enlightened
if they haven't done anything about the poor water-resistance of the E2e bezel, i'm not going near them. i'll be getting an M2 after i sell my E2e.

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen these before, can't recall where. I thought it was some kind of typo, well now I know I'm not going crazy
yellowlaugh.gif

nihraguk

Enlightened
Josh, in case you haven't realized, ALL of us are already crazy
grin.gif
well don't fret; at least you have plenty of company
wink.gif

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those aren't new... That is strange. I ordered two of those for a friends mine months ago. Moteng has had the E1e and E2e in SG with the old style bezel up on thier website for 5 or 6 months now. I like this version a lot. The smooth lines of the old style bezel, but the new style clip and lotc standard.

rlhess

Enlightened
Revolvergeek,

The email from SF left me with the impression it was new.

BTW, speaking of SF lights, I ordered three 9Ps from ASPI on their sale.

Cheers,

Richard