Single cell CR123 "smart ring" lights???

Jackyl

Enlightened
My most recent light purchase was a Nitecore NEX and a Jetbeam III M. I did NOT like the sloppy fit of the CR123's in the Jetbeam, but that was due to my ignorance. I also didn't like the clip and how weak it was, or the overall size. Basically, I was not that impressed with the Jetbeam, but I LOVE the NEX. Only complaints about the NEX are the clip placement not working out for me and stiff action of turning the head.

I haven't been paying much attn. lately to the current products, but I do get 4-7's email updates and was interested in the SR3 and RRT-0 models. Now that I am getting serious about another purchase I have been reading up on these models and am aware of their shortcomings. I guess even the SR3 v2 still has the minor issues of falsely detecting a new CR123 primary and the flash between modes in the mid-range? I think I could live with that, especially for $60. Since I'm one again late to the game, can this deal still be found somewhere or have they dried up in preparation for the new Infilux models?

Aside from the overall size difference between the SR3 and RRT-0, what are the major differences here? Throw and output pretty close?

Are there other 1-2 cell R2-R5 LED lights I should be looking at in the <$125 price range? They don't necessarily have to be of the "smart ring" variety. I'd say that the Infilux would be my next purchase, but I'll have a hard time with the pricing knowing the SR3 was a fraction of the cost.

Last edited: