Diference between Eagletac M2XC4 and M2XC4 MkII?

Art

Enlightened
The title says it all.

Does anyone know the difference? My M2XC4 says "Mark II" but I see a lot of them here that dont say that, only "Eagletac M2XC4"

Any difference between them?

Regards

tolkaze

Enlightened
Not sure, but the brightness, beam pattern and control ring are all the same. I believe they updated the tail clicky at some stage, but not sure if this is a mkII thing. I do know that a few people lost the emitter domes by twisting the head....

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was interested in the m2xc4 mkll awhile back. the biggest difference are the brightness settings. especially the last setting which can now be set to max or strobe. the previous version strobe came after max setting, and many complained that they would accidentally go into strobe when trying to set it on max, with the selector ring.

the medium and low modes brightness settings have been changed as well.

also the mkll neutral tint version uses XR-E Q4 instead of Q3.

fareast

Enlightened
If I recall correctly;

there are several versions:
MKI: came out and had issues with waterproofing (too few o-rings installed) and the clicky-switch-cap was a tall one, also the parasitic drain was still very high.
MKII: came out shortly after the complaints were heard and this one came with extra o-rings installed. Also in this series, the clicky switch and tail cap for it was redesigned (now being a lot flatter)
MKIII: (introduction of the M2XS4) came with a few more improvements, the improved user interface with the hidden modes, less parasitic drain, fewer crenelations for the SS bezel and screw on diffuser now came standard (also increased the RSP by a tenner) with the light. Oh, and I think this M2XS4 was the first of which the head could be unscrewed by the end user.

If you get a MKI/II and you don't like the strobe after max, do the shim mod as many have done. Do it right and the strobe is only available with a very hard turn like mine does

Last edited: