Wow, my Solarforce L2 is really tough...

Ian2381

Enlightened
My colleagues and I have a summer pool outing starting at 8pm lasting till 6am last saturday night.
I played with my Solarforce in the swimming pool for almost 6 hours with submersions from time to time. Changing modes even under water.
When I got home(9am) that I realized that it was soaked with water inside and the battery is already rusting.:eek:
I just can't believe it just kept working with so much water inside.

Noctis

Enlightened
Shouldn't this be a complaint thread about how water got inside in the first place?

Though I wonder if any of these hosts are truly waterproof.

And wouldn't electrocution be more likely in that scenario?

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Shouldn't this be a complaint thread about how water got inside in the first place?

Though I wonder if any of these hosts are truly waterproof.

Many lights are water-resistant. But if you want something truly water-proof, that's why they make Dive lights.

Ian2381

Enlightened
Many lights are water-resistant. But if you want something truly water-proof, that's why they make Dive lights.

I know It's my fault why water got inside in the first place,
Used it for 5 hours for several times under water and I even changed modes during this times. I guess that's what cause the leak.
I'm Just happy it never stopped working and I don't have to give excuses to my friends.:D

Anto

Enlightened
The L2's can take double o-rings at the head and an oversized one at the tail. Standard paintball O-rings work (they are slightly bigger than the factory ones). Add some Nyogel and you've got a very water resistant light.

Last edited:

Ian2381

Enlightened
The L2's can take double o-rings at the head and an oversized one at the tail. Standard paintball O-rings work (they are slightly bigger than the factory ones). Add some Nyogel and you've got a very water resistant light.

How about the clickie switch? I think the switch on mine caused the water leakage since I changed modes a lot under water.

Anto

Enlightened
How about the clickie switch? I think the switch on mine caused the water leakage since I changed modes a lot under water.

Get some needlenose pliers and tighten the retaining ring down snug, the switch boot should act as a large o ring.

Latest posts