HDS Systems 1xAA and/or 2xAA ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDS_Systems

Enlightened
Re: HDS Systems 2AA . . .

Hobbs,

I can tease you all night long. :) But it is probably easier to tell you what I have already posted. We are planning a 2xAA battery compartment that will be compatible with our EDC Executive/Tactical (Ra Clicky) line of flashlights. It is entering production and should be available in a couple of months.

As with the R17670 battery compartment that proceeded it, we wanted to make sure the battery compartment design was solid before coming out with the other members of the family. I am sure you understand.

Henry.

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast

No 1xAA version?

If using the same head, spacing (or length) is probably the determining factor. Just guessing.

Personally, I would be satisfied, so no purchases for me until it arrives:) (I.e. Buying more flashlights, at the moment I am content)

rider

Newly Enlightened

Hobbs,

I can tease you all night long. :) But it is probably easier to tell you what I have already posted. We are planning a 2xAA battery compartment that will be compatible with our EDC Executive/Tactical (Ra Clicky) line of flashlights. It is entering production and should be available in a couple of months.

As with the R17670 battery compartment that proceeded it, we wanted to make sure the battery compartment design was solid before coming out with the other members of the family. I am sure you understand.

Henry.

Wait, are you teasing us there?

HDS_Systems

Enlightened

Tricker,

The wonders of machine shops and production... I think the shop has finally finished the pre-anodize operations and the tubes are going out for anodizing. Then there are the post-anodize operations and assembly left. We are probably still a few weeks out.

Henry.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

Henry, I understand that these 2XAA tubes can't be used with Li-Ion as it would exceed the voltage range. Could it safely be used with 2X Energizer lithium AAs? If I am not wrong, each Energizer lithium AA starts out at 1.8 volts, and two makes it 3.6 volts. Is that within the operating range of the clicky? I am almost certain it's ok but just want to reconfirm as I have forgotten what is the operating voltage for your light engine.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast

Henry, I understand that these 2XAA tubes can't be used with Li-Ion as it would exceed the voltage range. Could it safely be used with 2X Energizer lithium AAs? If I am not wrong, each Energizer lithium AA starts out at 1.8 volts, and two makes it 3.6 volts. Is that within the operating range of the clicky? I am almost certain it's ok but just want to reconfirm as I have forgotten what is the operating voltage for your light engine.

I'll confirm it !

Yes, you can use it safely. Rembember that a freshly charged li-ion can be up to 4,2 V and it's supported by the circuit. No problem using lithium AA and imagine the runtime !

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tricker,

The wonders of machine shops and production... I think the shop has finally finished the pre-anodize operations and the tubes are going out for anodizing. Then there are the post-anodize operations and assembly left. We are probably still a few weeks out.

Henry.

Well, I can wait for my 2xAA as I need a new "head" to buy with it. You know, it breaks my heart having bodies lay around without a head, and I actually have anything available... :whistle:

Another problem of mine currently is the lack of budget, but I'd be happy to buy my 240CE-2xAA by the end of... november! :devil:

Harry999

Enlightened

Henry,

A few weeks is not too long to wait. At least the 17670 tubes that I should get this week from the UK supplier will get some use before I swap over on the 170T Clicky and the High CRI Clicky! :twothumbs

Seriously I think that the availability of 2xAA tubes will really help some people who were on the shelf about getting a HDS light. Now there really is no excuse.

kdaq

Newly Enlightened

Seriously I think that the availability of 2xAA tubes will really help some people who were on the shelf about getting a HDS light. Now there really is no excuse.
...XP-G and 1xAA? :whistle:

Seriously though, I'm in awe of the amount of praise that HDS receives. I'm sure that it's only a matter of time before I jump on the bandwagon!

red02

Enlightened

Yup, single AA is when I'll bite. Otherwise I'll just go for 1xCR123, 2xAA is a little too long...

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

Seriously though, I'm in awe of the amount of praise that HDS receives.
And every bit of it is deserved. They really are wonderful lights. Hold one in your hand and you know you're holding a quality product. Any misgivings I might have had about spending $150 on a flashlight evaporated the moment I picked it up.

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Any plan by HDS to make an AA clicky?

Hello,

Within the Clicky thread there has been talk (i.e. from Henry) of a 2AA Clicky.

Status
Not open for further replies.