Prediction

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
At some point in time in this country, consumer flashlight power levels will be regulated by the government. We will not be able to own a handheld light which puts out more than XXXX amount of light. Bright light can be used as a weapon. Thus it must be regulated. As Citizens what should we do to protect our right to own and carry the most powerful flashlight that we can buy or build? We will also need to protect our rights to do design research in this area as well, in order to produce that Extremely Powerful Flashlight. Or EPF for short. Or even MFEPF.

Don't you guys think that this might be a problem for some of us? Personally I don't like the sound of this scenario one little bit.
How should we go about taking care of this?
Yaesumofo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw we go buy as many Surefire M6's while we still legally can. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

hula

Newly Enlightened
I don't think it'll ever get that bad and if it does then it'll make things more exciting. I mean imagine the thrill of firing up the ( by then ) 10w Luxeon Star modded flashlights knowing that such a light is illegal and that you got one by ( cough ) shady means.

iddibhai

Enlightened
ready phasers! by that time, photon based weapons might be real, vs projectile based /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif banning light, hahaha. that'll be the day! i'm sure skunkworks have this sort of stuff.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think we will see lights regulated any time soon. I'm wondering which party will come up with a bright tax first. We need light rights NOW. Lets start a national movement. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tomas

Banned
Maybe my concealed carry license will be good for flashlights, too?

fan.gif
disco.gif

snuffy

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Lebkuecher said:
I'm wondering which party will come up with a bright tax first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Now that's a vision of the future that wouldn't suprise me at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

shrap

Enlightened
This post is a joke, right?

What mythical technologies are you predicting will make flashlights more dangerous than ... pepper spray? stun guns? cars?

They barely regulate hand-held laser pointers, and those have already been proven to cause injury.

The main problem in flashlight technology (at least to get them in a small size) is battery technology.

JOshooter

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
yaesumofo said:
Bright light can be used as a weapon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand by the Second Amendment.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Hey buddy, wanna buy a torch? Yeah, well I, uh..., got these from a friend and er..he can get some more if you're interested. I heard he's got some real bright ones too!

What sort of LUX are you lookin' for? You know those "higher numbers" are gonna cost a "little" more, but I heard they last real long with great throw...be careful though, I heard once you look into them...you're hooked and can't go back! Colors? Sure I can get those too, but we gotta be careful about this, I think "they're watching me"!

Bill.H

Enlightened
I agree with Shrap. Anyway, it would be too easy to get around it, and the laws would be unenforceable.