Review of Phoebus NightShift 1AA

garilla

Newly Enlightened
miserable state of NJ, actually it is only the pol
Just got the Phoebus NightShift model PLO-01-1AA 1AA flashlight. I obtained this light from the recent Flashlight Camping Weekend 6 (FCW-6 2010) the light was generously provided by Phoebus for the FCW-6 campers to evaluate and then put up for raffle. I was lucky enough to win this light and take it home. Thanks Phoebus :twothumbs
The light came in a nice box with 1AA battery and attached keychain clip. The box is nice and has a firm foam insert.
100_0771_cr.jpg

The light is a brushed aluminum and anodized 1AA flashlight 1 level light with a Luxeon emitter and the website says it is 45 lumens.
100_0757_cr.jpg

It is typical in size to a light in this class and fits well in a pocket.
100_0758_cr.jpg

The NightShift has a reverse clicky that is positive and works consistently.
100_0761_cr.jpg

A smooth reflector and 1 watt Luxeon LED emitter and on my model is a nice white.
100_0760_cr.jpg

If one wanted to do an emitter swap the pill unscrews easily from the head and could easily be replaced by a P4 if one were so inclined. As it is this model works well for indoors and throws pretty well due to the smooth reflector. Phoebus gave a nice anodize to the light and the threads are smooth and there are o-rings on both ends of the light. The keychain clip works well and can be used to clip to a belt loop on pants.
Disassembly is easy
100_0762_cr.jpg

This is the kind of light that fits anywhere. Overall I like this light for it's size and decent output. Here are some stats from www.phoebus.com

Do a search online for the best price and use PLO-01-1AA or Phoebus NightShift

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Length - 3 1/4"[/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Lamp - Luxeon 1 watt LED[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Bezel Diameter - 3/4"[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Color Temperature - 7000[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Weight - 1.7 oz.[/FONT]
_clear.gif
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Beam - Fixed[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Housing - Aluminum 6061-T6[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Lamp Life - 100,000 hours[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Effective Range - 30 yards[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Lumens - 45[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Run Time - 3 hours[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/FONT]

LG&M

Enlightened
Thank you for the pictures and the review. nicely done.