As a rule of thumb...

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
This question pertains to my SL Stingers that I own. When not in use for several weeks at a time what is the best way to store the rechargeable battery stick fully charged or charge depleted? Anyone know what method would be best suited for keeping the battery in good condition...

Thanks in advance

phyhsuts

Enlightened
As far as I know, NiCd cells do not mind which state they are stored in. In any case several weeks does not sound like a very long time at all. What they do is self discharge. So you end up with a partially discharged battery. If you can get the information, each battery have their own tricle charge current value and you can leave them to tricle charge to maintain their capacity. SAFT used to provide this data but I do not know if they still do. Wish Streamlight would switch over to NiMH cells which can be topped up before use (no "memory effect") Capacity is also significantly larger. Hope that helps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
phyhsuts - Thanks for your post, it does give me something to go on. I thought by the battery sitting idle for several weeks at a time might shorten the overall life of the battery.

Blikbok

Enlightened
I don't think NiCd self-discharges significantly in a few weeks. I store them in whatever state they are in, to avoid uneccissary exertion of the cells.