Identify a Ra Clicky I bought used

zenlunatic

Newly Enlightened
I bought a used Ra Clicky, advertised as a 120 lumen EDC. Its by far my favorite EDC light. I was just wondering, is there any way to tell if it is a high CRI or not by the serial number?

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a used Ra Clicky, advertised as a 120 lumen EDC. Its by far my favorite EDC light. I was just wondering, is there any way to tell if it is a high CRI or not by the serial number?

The high CRI was rated 120 Lumen first, but revised to 100 Lumen later on. So, I bought it as a 120, but I speak of a 100 high CRI by now. If somebody only writes "120 Lumen EDC" it is probably the one HDS sell under this denomination and it's a cool white of course. The rule is, if you don't specify a tint, it is cool white, that's the "normal" tint for an LED.

It may be possible for Henry to find out which light it is, I guess he has a database of his sold lights and as long as nobody changed the bezel, he may know which one it is. It ain't necessary though, you got the 120 Lumen EDC, that's it.

Congratulations for purchasing one of the best lights around, have fun with it! :wave:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I agree.
But how about this:
Is the middle of the hotspot almost cool tinted and the rest of the beam neutral to warm tinted? That's what I usually see from the high CRI Seoul.
Emitter swaps are possible if you want something else in there.

HDS_Systems

Enlightened
ZenLunatic,

Your description is rather vague. If it was advertised as a "120 lumen EDC" without any other information, it is most likely a Ra Every Day Carry, which is 120 lumens. It will say "Ra Every Day Carry" on the bezel. Given that many people also refer to these as Ra Clicky lights, that reference is of little help. Given that there is no mention of warm-white or high CRI, it is probably neither.

Henry.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Looking at the packaging I can 98% say it is NOT a high CRI and just a 120E.
That's what mine started out as.

Edit: also look at the pin holes in the tailcap. Was the high CRI an option at that point Henry?

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Looking at the packaging I can 98% say it is NOT a high CRI and just a 120E.
That's what mine started out as.

Edit: also look at the pin holes in the tailcap. Was the high CRI an option at that point Henry?

Pin holes would designate an earlier tailcap cover that is not supposed to be removed, if I recall right.

Bill

HDS_Systems

Enlightened
ZenLunatic,

The seller clearly states: "Ra EDC Exec Clicky 120 Lumen EDC-120-E". And the photo clearly shows the label. It is a Ra Every Day Carry Executive. This model is a regular cool-white - i.e., not high CRI.

Henry.

zenlunatic

Newly Enlightened
Thanks HDS! Looks like I will be buying myself a high CRI for my birthday as planned, as well as some RCR123. I still love this light though. Thanks everyone.

zenlunatic

Newly Enlightened
How does the CRI compare to tint? Is there any sort of relationship or can all tints have different CRI levels?